Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,489

3 members and 3,486 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: Jen Harrison Split from Big Daddy's Wholesale Thread

Quote Originally Posted by fishmommy View Post
    it seems like a simple solution to me - just don't breed for at least a couple of years.

if you need the money, do something else for awhile.

it sucks that this happened to you, but life is often a real bear.
    I should have said 'don't breed or flip for at least a couple of years'
    Augie 1.0.0 Lemon Pastel BP
    Rio 1.0.0 South Brazilian BCA
    Blaze 0.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa

Thanks

There you go again - You stated in your blog that the Dr.s now think this is something new - yet there you are with your absolutes based on something this is not. Awfully big of you to take chances with other peoples collections.

If your collection is sooooo safe why did you vaccinate the babies? Why are you supposedly vaccinating everything coming in? And what happen to you were only going to get animals from 3 or 4 select breeders or people whos collections you could see?
    Tosha

The web page: JET Pythons
    The blog: http://jetpythons.blogspot.com/

Thanks

Why isn't anybody lambasting the guy who sold the infected animal to Jen in the first place and is still selling reptiles? Has knowingly infected more than one collection. Why isn't anybody going after that guy, instead of someone who has made every thing quite public? Just seems kind of screwed up to be throwing stones at someone who has put everything out there for the entire reptile community to see, but ignore the originator of the entire problem who refuses to acknowledge he did anything wrong or that there is a problem. Just a thought you might want to consider.
    Jenea
    GuardianReptiles.com

"The irrational fear of snakes is the only excuse a grown man has to act like a complete sissy" - Colchicine

Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 Times in 1,171 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaHogs View Post
    Why isn't anybody lambasting the guy who sold the infected animal to Jen in the first place and is still selling reptiles? Has knowingly infected more than one collection. Why isn't anybody going after that guy, instead of someone who has made every thing quite public? Just seems kind of screwed up to be throwing stones at someone who has put everything out there for the entire reptile community to see, but ignore the originator of the entire problem who refuses to acknowledge he did anything wrong or that there is a problem. Just a thought you might want to consider.
    Open mouth, insert feet.

Go to fauna.

Do a search on wyatt in texas.

No one has let him slide.
    I may not be very smart, but what if I am?
    Stinky says, "Women should be obscene but not heard." Stinky is one smart man.
    www.humanewatch.org

Thanks

Tosha, you obviously haven't read the whole blog. That went out the window when the info came out about the delay of antibody development -- it nullified the negative test result and still left it wide open that it is OPMV.

Steve, I haven't recieved a single donated animal...or anything for that matter. I have 2 (a hypo mojave and yellowbelly) that I was told are mine from Dan and Colette, but they are still caring for them right now. They aren't here. You can check with them on that one. The others that have offered to donate are Brian Barcyk (BHB - hope I didn't destroy the last name spelling), Jon Dvoretz, Larry Suttles, and Cory @ Bradford Cole. I have chatted with all of them a bit but no one has sent me anything. I haven't sold a single snake since last year before this all began? People reserved my mojave babies but they haven't left my posession -- which is why I was able to cancel it.

As for the vet reports, I don't have them. They are still with Dr. Jacobsen's lab and the Marshfield Clinic (the lab that does Dr. Gordon's work). I have asked repeatedly to get written/printed copies of everything, but it takes weeks to just get a phone call back from Elliot -- paperwork is probably going to be a long time coming. Dr. Gordon keeps saying he'll get to it every time I call -- but he's been extremely busy and just hasn't yet.

No, Hollywood was one of the unaffected ones that were segregated. He is just fine, eating and being his normal self. But everyone here keeps saying that those animals can't be trusted, regardless of having been unaffected and vaccinated, so they need to be destroyed. Thus, I will lose him and won't be able to get another. That's why I said that.

Why do I continue to vaccinate the babies and all newcomers? As a precaution -- the same reason I vaccinate my daughter.
    Animals are my passion and my life.

Never, ever underestimate the vital importance of strict and proper quarantine. There is no such thing as being too careful. One mistake can cost a world of damage, and regret that lasts a lifetime.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JenHarrison View Post
    Tosha, you obviously haven't read the whole blog. That went out the window when the info came out about the delay of antibody development -- it nullified the negative test result and still left it wide open that it is OPMV.

Steve, I haven't recieved a single donated animal...or anything for that matter. I have 2 (a hypo mojave and yellowbelly) that I was told are mine from Dan and Colette, but they are still caring for them right now. They aren't here. You can check with them on that one. The others that have offered to donate are Brian Barcyk (BHB - hope I didn't destroy the last name spelling), Jon Dvoretz, Larry Suttles, and Cory @ Bradford Cole. I have chatted with all of them a bit but no one has sent me anything. I haven't sold a single snake since last year before this all began? People reserved my mojave babies but they haven't left my posession -- which is why I was able to cancel it.

As for the vet reports, I don't have them. They are still with Dr. Jacobsen's lab and the Marshfield Clinic (the lab that does Dr. Gordon's work). I have asked repeatedly to get written/printed copies of everything, but it takes weeks to just get a phone call back from Elliot -- paperwork is probably going to be a long time coming. Dr. Gordon keeps saying he'll get to it every time I call -- but he's been extremely busy and just hasn't yet.

No, Hollywood was one of the unaffected ones that were segregated. He is just fine, eating and being his normal self. But everyone here keeps saying that those animals can't be trusted, regardless of having been unaffected and vaccinated, so they need to be destroyed. Thus, I will lose him and won't be able to get another. That's why I said that.

Why do I continue to vaccinate the babies and all newcomers? As a precaution -- the same reason I vaccinate my daughter.
    Honestly, I dont see the need to kill your snakes, just keep your own collection to yourself, dont breed, dont sell any snakes at all, and if you want to build up your collection again after all the snakes your have right now have passed from old age. No need to guilt people into feeling sorry that you "have" to destroy your clown and others, just keep your collection to yourself and dont come in contact with any other snakes. Problem solved, right?
    ~Alli

Thanks

In 30 years, when they all die, I'll most likely be finished with school and will have a career -- no time or space to start up a snake collection from scratch. Aside from that, I don't have the will or the energy to start over. After losing the animals that I worked so hard to get and felt attached to -- I don't have the desire to put that kind of time, money, and effort into doing it again.

I forgot to answer two things in the last post -- whoever asked me about Kari, the vet tech -- her husband said "No way in hell" is she going to be allowed to keep any snakes in the house. And whoever said something about it being about the money -- it definitely isn't, not after I'm so far in the hole that I can't even see the exit any more. I decided to breed snakes so I could trade them off for other things I wanted -- maybe earn a couple bucks to put back into their maintenance costs. I work 2 jobs and sell vintage jewelry on Ebay -- I earn plenty of money for our family. The snakes had nothing to do with that.

Never, ever underestimate the vital importance of strict and proper quarantine. There is no such thing as being too careful. One mistake can cost a world of damage, and regret that lasts a lifetime.

Thanks

So just keep the snakes you have now! Maybe you will feel differently in 30 years time, you never know.
    ~Alli

Thanks

And for the person that PM'd me this:

You should lay low for a little way-------change email accounts and come up with a new business name---------on your site don't give detailed info on where you are from-------these pathetic s will never let it go--------wait till the boards have lots of inventory on them------then slip on in.

in the mean time-------you can start new names on boards to help build up a new rep---------as long as you have not been banned, your alright-------if you have been banned from places---------change your internet provider so you have a new isp-----then you won't get red flag in those boards systems. find someone else to put their credit/debit through to get back on kingsnake.

just my opinion.
    That's an extremely pathetic, low-life thing to do. That's what Wyatt did -- and I'm not stooping to his level.

They call me Emilius LOL Emilio's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,407 Times in 1,004 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JenHarrison View Post
    And for the person that PM'd me this:

That's an extremely pathetic, low-life thing to do. That's what Wyatt did -- and I'm not stooping to his level.
    Wow!!! Pathetic is right.
    Absolutely obsessed with ball pythons!

http://www.facebook.com/VillarinoReptiles?ref=hl

Villarino reptiles Morph market

Contacts

Villarinoreptiles@gmail.com
    Or tex 7868774281

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast