Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,434

2 members and 3,432 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Talking my new tank woot

allright so i knwo this should probaly go in the caging forum but im putting it here. me and my fiance just recived our new 125g high today along with a stand for it from a friend for 20 bucks.(talk about deal of a life time) the tank itself leaks water way up high in part of the glue but i dont keep fish so that dosent matter for me. any waz thought id let every one know i was a happy camper today

Thanks

Re: my new tank woot

20 bucks?! Let me know if he's got any extras! Lol, nice find!
    -- alex
    0.2 Normal BP
    1.1 Pastel BP
    0.2 Pound Puppies

Thanks

Wow!! That's huge!! I had a 120 gallon fish tank (with fish) and that is really big!! What are you going to keep in there? Boa?

~~McKinsey~~
    "Men have forgotten this truth," said the fox. "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed."
    ~The Little Prince; Antoine de Saint Exupery

Thanks

Awesome deal!! I'd be interested to know what you are going to keep in it as well!!
    ~*~*~* Pamela *~*~*~

See my dragons!!
    http://dragcave.ath.cx/user/36057

Thanks

as of right now i have my savvanh monitor in it but im not so sure that its the right cage for him. i mean he has plenty of room to turn around and everything but im just not sure. and the orignal reason i bought it was to store a rtb that i was going to adopt but the person gave it away the day i was going to go and get it. so if anyone knows of any adoptions avaible around the IL area let me know.

Thanks

I know you say you don't keep fish so it isn't a big deal, wasn't sure if this was decided bc it leaks or not, but if you ever want to, or just make it water-proof for that matter, all you have to do is remove the old glue with a razor blade, clean the surface, and put the new glued on (I use GE Silicione I w/o the Bioseal, this stuff is a lot cheaper than the aquarium sealer they sell and works just as well) make sure w/o bioseal if you want to go this route, as the other is toxic to fish, you can get this stuff in clear, white, or black, works fine. Tape it off with for the factory look too if you wish by placing the tape a bit from the corner, sealing the tank, and then removing the tape.
    Last edited by Warm-blooded; 04-28-2008 at 08:00 PM.

Registered User Windridge Kennels's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow, that's what I call a score
    Jenna in Florida

Eight Ball Pythons Kamala (100% het pied), Lou (het albino) and the normals: Boxcar, Jake, Gorgeous George, Heenan, Beulah & Ivory

The Labrador Retriever Crew + two Whippets & a Golden Retriever

Thanks

yah the tank is perfect and i can get that aquarium glue at work for like 2.50 a tube but it really dosent matter to me. its not falling apart and it only leaks out of a tiny hole kinda like someone took a needle and stuck it through the glue. but the only problem im having is keeping the temps constant. it seems that every time i look its changed

Thanks

I might know of someone with a boa for you. I'll have to ask him tomorrow if he still wants to get rid of it. I'm about 45 minutes from glendale heights

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shiftto5 View Post
    yah the tank is perfect and i can get that aquarium glue at work for like 2.50 a tube but it really dosent matter to me.
    if it ever does matter, no need to waste money on aquarium glue, the sealer I recommended does the same stuff, and is much much cheaper, and you get a lot more (its just a window and door sealer, but does the job, I and many others I know of have used it before, never had a problem)

Good luck keeping those temps constant, and on the warm side, I imagine its hard esp. w/a high maybe try putting insulation on the sides, and if you have a mesh top cover most of it, so not all the warm air can escape, I used aluminum foil, shiny side down and it helped, as well as helping keep the humidity. Also, are you using a thermostat to help you maintain a constant temp? If not, I recommend using that as well.
    Last edited by Warm-blooded; 04-30-2008 at 04:16 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast