Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,351

0 members and 3,351 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg

View Poll Results: What should I go for:

Voters
364. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lesser

208 57.14%
  • Butter

156 42.86%
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Next: Lesser vs Butter

Go with butter, Since i have a butter as well.. I like lesser to0..But lesser seem to many in the market.
    who let the dogs out?

Thanks

I love the lessers just because a butter makes my cholesterol feel like its going up...................
    Troy Van Orman/Kysenia www.prairielandpythons.com(daily blog and updates!)tavopt@prairierehab.com

Thanks

i am a lesser kind of guy
    Heavily Addicted to Ball pythons... But.... Is all goood
    1.0 Albino ; 0.1 Bumble-Bee ; 1.1 Lesser Platinum ; 1.0 Clown ; 1.1 Butter ; 1.1 Caramel Albino ; 1.0 Pied ; 0.1 Pastel ; 1.1 Lemon Blast ; 1.0 Super Blast

http://www.facebook.com/designerpython
    http://www.youtube.com/repteevee

Thanks

I've got a butter, so maybe I'm biased, BUT...

I think a very nice lesser is about the same as a very nice butter. I've seen amazing examples of both lines. BUT I've seen many more "bad" lessers than I have "bad" butters. By "bad" I mean extremely dark. Maybe it's just because so many more people are working with the lesser line?

Being the "daddy" of the platty, you would think Ralph Davis prefers the lessers over the butters, but here is what he says on his site:

The Butter is very similar in appearance to a "Lesser Platty"........BUT..........the Butters have more yellow coloration in their patterns. The yellow becomes stronger as they mature, where the Lesser's yellow becomes " less" as they mature...........the Butter is not to be confused with the "Platinum".

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Beardedragon View Post
    Well I hope you'd rather want a lesser!

Who can tell the difference between a lesser and a butter?

http://s454.photobucket.com/albums/q...t=DSC00600.jpg
    http://s454.photobucket.com/albums/q...t=IMGP8146.jpg
    It is one snake or same snake.. I say that one is a butter.. Why you post pictures of the same snake?

Thanks

Faced with the same choice, I chose the lesser. This Davis line male is a prolific breeder with a sweet disposition. And, I prefer the creaminess with the muted olive and gold accents to the darker yellows of a butter. It's all personal preference, and there are a lot of color variations in both morphs. Find an animal that you think is spectacular, whether it's a lesser or a butter, and go with it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by garweft View Post
    LOL.....Those are both the same snake.......look at the pattern again.
    Quote Originally Posted by t-Roy View Post
    It is one snake or same snake.. I say that one is a butter.. Why you post pictures of the same snake?
    I was wondering if anyone would catch on He is in fact my lesser... but the point I was trying to prove is that I think they are the same thing...I just sorta forgot that I made the post so im a little late on anwsering
    - Matt

Come here little guy. You're awfully cute and fluffy but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StickyTongues View Post
    I'm gonna have to say the first one is a butter and the second one is a lesser. Although the second pic is just a little darker. Comparing the butters to the lessers I saw in person at the Tinley show, the butter have a darker golden tint to them then the lessers did.

I'm trying to find my darn camera that I've misplaced after the show this weekend otherwise I would snap some pics of the butter male I got from the Bells.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDsntKnow View Post
    1st one is the lesser at least thats the way it looks to me at least but sometimes they are so close its impossible to tell.
    Also, what I think it also boils down to, is if your a butter person and look at those two pictures of the same snake... your going to say the nicer of the two pictures is a butter and vice versa if your a lesser person.
    - Matt

Come here little guy. You're awfully cute and fluffy but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat

Thanks

I was wondering if anyone would catch on He is in fact my lesser... but the point I was trying to prove is that I think they are the same thing...I just sorta forgot that I made the post so im a little late on anwsering
    Also, what I think it also boils down to, is if your a butter person and look at those two pictures of the same snake... your going to say the nicer of the two pictures is a butter and vice versa if your a lesser person.
    hahahahahaha i saw that one coming
    personally myself i have 1.1 lessers, but butters do seem to hold more yellow than lessers. then again i have seen where you couldnt tell either morph appart.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nixer View Post
    hahahahahaha i saw that one coming
    personally myself i have 1.1 lessers, but butters do seem to hold more yellow than lessers. then again i have seen where you couldnt tell either morph appart.
    IDK, I still think that it depends on the baby just like pastels. For all we know is that the imported butter is related to Ralphs Platty daddy... I mean if you think about it in order to get the platty there had to be more lessers out there, and if one of those were later found and called the butter we would never know.

If there was a Lesser/butter in the wild, you wouldnt be able to tell if it was a lesser or butter, I guess if would depend on what the new owner decides to name it.
    - Matt

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast