Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,051

2 members and 2,049 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,126
Threads: 248,571
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Stephendici
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reptile releif

Thanks

Reptile releif

I know this has been rehashed many times but for the moment RR is the only thing I can buy local. I have ordered a can of P-A-M. but wanted to offer some relief to my ball. He has been soaking alot lately and I found mites in the water bowl yesterday.

I used search and couldn't find an answer. the bottle is no help.
    My question is can I put his water bowl back in the tank without fear of Him drinking contaminated water?
    "We are the people our parents warned us about"

Thanks

Re: Reptile releif

Quote Originally Posted by Phin View Post
    My question is can I put his water bowl back in the tank without fear of Him drinking contaminated water?
    As long as you do not spray the insecticide into the waterbowl you should be just fine.
    -Daniel Hill
    Facebook: facebook.com/hillherp/
    Instagram: instagram.com/hillherp/
    Twitter: twitter.com/hillherp

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Phin, just get some paper towel and spray that with Reptile Relief and gently wipe down the snake to give it some relief now. It will kill most, if not all of the mites. However, it doesn't kill mite eggs, so it's good you got the P.A.M. on order.

When that arrives, remove the snake, the water dish and hides and lightly spray the substrate (it really doesn't take much - most people use too much). After it completely dries, replace the water dish and hides and put your snake back in the enclosure. He should be completely mite free in 24 hours and as long as you don't bring in more mites, will not have them return.

You can always re-treat after 30 days, just to "seal the deal".

Thanks

My fiance and I choreographed an anti-mite mega clean not even 2 weeks ago. She used the reptile relief ON the snake( as stated above, and on the bottle), while I used (blasphemy, apparently) Equate bedding spray from wally world on all cage furniture, after a 1 part bleach:10 parts water soak ,of course. great stuff, might be slightly traumatizing ( you have to treat the head too) if your snake is very head shy. works wonder,though!

Chris
    1.0 ('07)Ball Python- Vlad
    1.0('08)cinny- Marius
    0.1 fiance- Keri
    0.0.10 frozen rats

Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 888 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kneepoles View Post
    My fiance and I choreographed an anti-mite mega clean not even 2 weeks ago. She used the reptile relief ON the snake( as stated above, and on the bottle), while I used (blasphemy, apparently) Equate bedding spray from wally world on all cage furniture, after a 1 part bleach:10 parts water soak ,of course. great stuff, might be slightly traumatizing ( you have to treat the head too) if your snake is very head shy. works wonder,though!
    Ahh its not a human or a cat or dog .Its not a good idea to use stuff for other pets on any reptile
    Joe Haggard

Thanks

please READ my last post. It was stated that "reptile relief" was used ON....ON the snake. while in the mean time, I was soaking the FURNITURE in a 1:10 bleach:water mix, then after sufficiently rinsing the bleach mix off of the surfaces of the FURNITURE, It was lightly sprayed with bedding spray and allowed to dry. Exactly as PAM is to be used. My snake has experienced zero ill effects from this. I simply cannot understand why this particular forum is so dead set against using equate bedding spray!

Chris
    1.0('08)cinny- Marius
    0.1 fiance- Keri
    0.0.10 frozen rats

Thanks

please READ my last post. It was stated that "reptile relief" was used ON....ON the snake. while in the mean time, I was soaking the FURNITURE in a 1:10 bleach:water mix, then after sufficiently rinsing the bleach mix off of the surfaces of the FURNITURE, It was lightly sprayed with bedding spray and allowed to dry. Exactly as PAM is to be used. My snake has experienced zero ill effects from this. I simply cannot understand why this particular forum is so dead set against using equate bedding spray!
    I DID READ your post and thats WHY i made my comment.Maybe the reason our forum is against using that stuff should give you a hint its NOT something thats SAFE for REPTILES
    Joe Haggard

Thanks

ok, how about this.... Is "reptile relief" a safe product to use ON a reptile? I don't know.... let's go find out!
    Where does one go to find out if it's safe? I know, how about the FDA's Center for Veterinary Medicine's Approved Medications List, (aka, the green book)!
    http://www.fda.gov/cvm/Green_Book/elecgbook.html
    Now, please, feel free to show me "reptile relief", "provent-a-mite", "provent a mite", "prevent-a-mite" or "prevent a mite". It won't happen.
    NOW, where do we go for information pertaining to what's safe and what's not? I guess we have to rely on experience! There really is no replacement for the voice of experience. with all that being said, IN MY EXPERIENCE (which isn't nearly as much as I would like) I have successfully used equate bedding spray, with no evidence of any ill effects to my personal pet. Also IN MY EXPERIENCE, I have successfully used "reptile relief" with no evidence of any ill effects to my personal pet. Is there any real proof (ie, not info copied directly off their website. That info is a tool used to make you want to buy their product, although, it may not be an all out lie, it *could* be misleading and still be legal) that provent a mite is safer for use on surfaces that come in contact with reptiles, than equate bedding spray?
    I ( among others) can personally vouch for these facts. 1. I used equate, not PAM, and it eradicated my snakes mites. 2. My snake, ( after a recent vet visit) has a clean bill of health...after using equate. 3. I saved 15 dollars + shipping by using equate, AND I had in my hands ready to use 20 minutes after finding a mite, verses a week or so for shipping.
    I will no longer post anything on this forum ever again. I will however, come by and watch the new snake bytes every Wednesday! good bye BP.NET!

Chris
    1.0('08)cinny- Marius
    0.1 fiance- Keri
    0.0.10 frozen rats

Thanks

ok, how about this.... Is "reptile relief" a safe product to use ON a reptile? I don't know.... let's go find out!
    Where does one go to find out if it's safe? I know, how about the FDA's Center for Veterinary Medicine's Approved Medications List, (aka, the green book)!
    http://www.fda.gov/cvm/Green_Book/elecgbook.html
    Now, please, feel free to show me "reptile relief", "provent-a-mite", "provent a mite", "prevent-a-mite" or "prevent a mite". It won't happen.
    NOW, where do we go for information pertaining to what's safe and what's not? I guess we have to rely on experience! There really is no replacement for the voice of experience. with all that being said, IN MY EXPERIENCE (which isn't nearly as much as I would like) I have successfully used equate bedding spray, with no evidence of any ill effects to my personal pet. Also IN MY EXPERIENCE, I have successfully used "reptile relief" with no evidence of any ill effects to my personal pet. Is there any real proof (ie, not info copied directly off their website. That info is a tool used to make you want to buy their product, although, it may not be an all out lie, it *could* be misleading and still be legal) that provent a mite is safer for use on surfaces that come in contact with reptiles, than equate bedding spray?
    I ( among others) can personally vouch for these facts. 1. I used equate, not PAM, and it eradicated my snakes mites. 2. My snake, ( after a recent vet visit) has a clean bill of health...after using equate. 3. I saved 15 dollars + shipping by using equate, AND I had in my hands ready to use 20 minutes after finding a mite, verses a week or so for shipping.
    I will no longer post anything on this forum ever again. I will however, come by and watch the new snake bytes every Wednesday! good bye BP.NET!
    So just because i disagree with your methods you are leaving .In my experiance if you try to cut corners in reptile husbandry its the reptiles that suffer in the long run .
    Joe Haggard

Thanks

Even though I'm a small SMALL-time keeper, I still have 45 Ball Pythons, plus a boa. My collection is worth a couple grand, not to mention the value it holds for me on a sentimental level. Why would I risk the health of my collection for a measley $10?

If you quarantine properly, treat every newcomer with P.A.M., and don't walk into filthy pet stores to fondle their parasite-infested snakes, then you shouldn't have mite problems. I still have my can of Provent A Mite from when I bought it 2-3 years ago.
    --Becky--
    ?.? Normals, 1.0 100% Het Pied Classic Jungle, 1.0 Yellow Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Butterscotch Hypo, 0.1 100% Het VPI Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Yellow Hypo, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Yellowbellies, 0.1 YB Granite, 1.0 Black Pastel, 1.0 Lemon Pastel, 0.1 50% Possible Het Banded Albino, 0.1 Spider, 1.0 Fire, 0.2 Granite

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast