Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,427

1 members and 3,426 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Question Is this a carpet?

Someone is trying to get me to adopt this snake and based on the pictures I've seen it looks like a carpet python, but they're telling me it is a burmese. What do you folks think?

And please remember this isn't my snake and I have NOTHING to do with the condition of its living quarters (which are atrocious to say the least). Thanks!

Thanks

Re: Is this a carpet?

Jungle Carpet...
    BT

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BT41042 View Post
    Jungle Carpet...
    BT
    Thanks! Now I just need to figure out a way to get it from those people.

Thanks

Is that a potato in there?
    What are these mojavas I keep hearing so much about?

J. W. Exotics

Reptile Incubators

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PythonWallace View Post
    Is that a potato in there?
    I've not actually seen the animal yet or the setup, but I think that's the heat rock they mentioned it having when I spoke with them. Apparently it is a tenant abandonment situation.

Registered User ClairvoyantDisease's Avatar
    Thanks

poor thing, that tank is disgusting. I would try and get it from them asap

Banned
    Thanks

Angry Re: Is this a carpet?

To all the people who would like to judge me without knowing my story about the snake you are hypocrites.It was not my snake and I have nothing to do with the way it is living.I am afraid of snakes and that is why the living conditions have not been changed from the way the tenant left it.I have bought it food and given it water but I don't know really much about snakes so I really can not do much more for it.If you people want to be such saviors than you are more than welcome to come to the house and do what needs to be done to the tank to make it livable.She left us with well over $2000 worth of disgusting mess and damage and if you think the living conditions of the snake are made you should see the living conditions she had her 2 year old daughter who has seizure disorders living in which I am a little bit more concerned about.She abandoned the apartment and left no forwarding address and I don't know if any of you hypocrites are landlords and actually own property but we have no rights it will cost more than she owes us to bring her to court to get the money back thats if she would even end up obeying the court order and pay us because she can not be put in jail for it the worst she gets is bad credit .If you would like to see her living conditions I also have plenty of pics of that if you even care about a human being and not just the snake.Do you people know how hard it is to pay 2 mortgages and then some and have a slime bag destroy your property then have to pour more money into it.I am not being greedy I have a family to feed and I don't expect top dollar for the snake but I can get more than $50 for it.That won't even fill up my gas tank.$$ signs are not in my eyes my sone is and thats more important.Now that I am done trying to explain myself which I should never had to.TO PATTY CAKES the wall color was not my choice the scumbag tenant painted it that color maybe you she be more worried about buying some hair relaxer.Also as for someone emailing me about not trusting BROOK DURANT I am not a liar that is the truth I will not give the name because he was just trying to help but I can copy and paste exactly what he wrote to me if it concerns you so much.I DON"T LIE

Thanks

I understand the situation you are in and I do not believe that everyone here thinks you are a horrible person for what has happened. This community is very dedicated to reptiles but there are many of us that can understand where you are coming from. If you do not receive any offers soon, please consider the offer brook made. I know you are trying to recoup some losses, but you will not get anything for that snake if it dies.

I do not know why someone would say you should not sell this animal to Brook, but that information is at your discretion to believe or dismiss. I do feel badly for you and the horrible situation you have been put in, but that does not make you the bad guy in any way. I wish you the best of luck in dealing with this tenant and hope that she will eventually grow up and take on some responsibility, or that someone recognizes the danger her daughter is in a calls child services.
    1.0 Normal Ball Python- Little Dude
    0.0.1 Albino Kingsnake - Weiner
    Missi

Thanks

While I can understand and feel for the landlord in this situation (having had to be on their end in the past), that is no reason to continue taking it out on the animal.

Instead of trying to make money off of it and keeping it in horrid conditions, call the local Herp Society. They most likely have a foster/rescue program and will take the snake to make sure it is properly cared for and checked by a vet.

Just because this tenant left with money owed is no reason to keep an animal in conditions like this.

Deb

iHerp. Do you?

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Unfortunately I know a lot more about deadbeat tenants than most people. However, I would never hold an animal hostage to try to recoup a few extra bucks. If you don't get any better offers for the snake, I encourage you to place it with the $50 offer. Though I do not know that person, I do know that he (she?) will get the support they need to give the snake the best chance at a comfortable life.
    Augie 1.0.0 Lemon Pastel BP
    Rio 1.0.0 South Brazilian BCA
    Blaze 0.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast