Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,403

3 members and 3,400 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: 2 headed beardie

Thanks for clarifying, I remember most boards have a rule not to link to other boards, I reread the expanded explanation of the rules, Figured what i did was ok, But just wanted to make sure.

Anyway, BD, its not all inbreeding that causes that, there are simese twins with parents with no relation. It could cause it, but probably not directly, more likely just like any other simese twin, failed to seperate while forming.

Interesting nonetheless,
    Ben

Registered User .:LRG:.VinTaGe1947's Avatar
    Thanks

WOW!!!
    that is crazy
    Kyle
    1.2 Crested Geckos
    1.0 Normal BP
    0.1 Horned Frog
    1.0 Rhodesian Ridgeback

Thanks
    Thanked 1,370 Times in 943 Posts

That is crazy i wouldnt want to see on of them come out of an egg. That would be bizzaro

Thanks

People are saying that this phenomenon is increasing in amount. But maybe it's happening the same amount, but people now care about it and are sharing that it is happening, also they're recording it.

Awhile ago breeders might of thought of it as not something to be associated with so they would "dispose" of the animal without telling anyone or recording it??

Not saying this is the case, I'm just speculating

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Crazydude View Post
    Hello, Recently on another board, there have been a few things like this, But heres one i find very interesting, its a older juvie/sub adult with 2 heads, a male. My worry is the breeding mood and 2 males not being able to get away stresses them out but regardless.

Moderators, I understand the rule of not linking another forum, but i beleive this fits in with the thread. If not, Go ahead and delete it.
    http://www.beardeddragon.org/bjive/v...&sd=a&start=90
    In there, page 6, 5th post down from the top, a Mod fixed the pictures.

Also, Steve of Bloodbank dragons hatched out a simese twin, that had 2 mostly formed bodies, but put it to sleep at his discresion.
    http://www.bloodbankdragons.com/bloo...otos/Twins.htm

Anyway, its becoming more and more common, Maybe just random, or something with our limited stock, but either way, its something interesting, and sad for the animal.
    Ben

Ha ha. That first link is a woman that lives here in Fresno, I've seen the lil beastie and it seems to be doing just fine. Must be at least a year old now. She brings it in to the shop I pick up rats from. It is a little odd to see, but seems pretty alert and very very spoiled......

Cheers,
    Kat

Thanks

It happens occassionally in the dragons. I dont think its an inbreeding issue. There is another breeder who hatched one this year.. Valley dragons shes had the same female hatch them a few times..
    http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=111229
    Usually they dont live long. They typically share organs though. If they dont share organs both heads have to eat seperately. And I suppose if you nurse it and make sure both eat it may survive. Although I wouldnt encourage to continue to breed a dragon that had 2 headed babies.

Thanks

Yeah.. I have spoke with the woman who owns the one in fresno online a while back and apparently they are doing great... I think she will have it at the SuperShow in SD if I am not mistaken.

It has proven hard to keep these guys alive depending on how they developed and what they share... But a main factor I have read in keeping a two headed beardie healthy is to remove one of the eyes from each head(the one facing the other head). Beardies being solitary animals in the wild like most lizards get extremely stressed at the sight of another dragon. Spending their whole lives staring right into the face of another lizard, is very detremental for a lizard regardless of what they are sharing with their other half. Crazy Stuff.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shadi11 View Post
    It happens occassionally in the dragons. I dont think its an inbreeding issue. There is another breeder who hatched one this year.. Valley dragons shes had the same female hatch them a few times..
    http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=111229
    Usually they dont live long. They typically share organs though. If they dont share organs both heads have to eat seperately. And I suppose if you nurse it and make sure both eat it may survive. Although I wouldnt encourage to continue to breed a dragon that had 2 headed babies.
    Heh.. Imagine a male Bobbing two heads at once.. .That would be a site to see...Which one gets the girl?!?!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12