Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,320

3 members and 3,317 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
    Thanks

Still Refusing to Eat

My ball is still refusing to eat, Her last meal was january 4th. She shed on March first. The Temp in the tank is proper (digital thermometer) the humidity is just right (55%). I switched her from live to frozen rats. (the last 3 feeds were frozen) could she be being picky? I also was wondering if maybe i was feeding her to large of prey, she is a pretty big, 49 inches long. i am feeding her rats that have a body length of 5 1/2 inches, i was wondering if thats why she is fasting. I have never had her go longer then a month with out food. 2 1/2 months no food. Her skin is starting to look a little loose but not unhealthy, and she is still extreamly active, even during the day time. I was wondering if anyone knew some tricks i could try to get her to eat?

Thanks

Re: Still Refusing to Eat

it could be a whole host of things but the thing that stood out to me was that you stated you had changed her over from live to frozen. have you tried feeding her live again?

Stinkin' hot Tucson, AZ (it's somewhere between California and New Mexico).
    Thanks

Re: Still Refusing to Eat

Yeah, you could try live again. See if that works. On the F/T try gutting it slightly for scent.

Our BP only eats F/T's and he's just a little guy so it's still on mice. Last night he ate snatched an F/T in the shortest time he ever has and I think it's because the mice was slightly gutted before I dangled it in front of him. He gave one flick of the tongue and it was about 3 seconds later and BAM!

The temps/humidity sound okay and there have been no changes to his habitat? My Burmese I had once went on a strike for about 4 or 5 months. It seems like these feeding strikes are actually more stressful on the owners than on the snakes!

Keep us posted and good luck!

Jeff