Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,276

0 members and 3,276 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg

Thread: Rescues Update!

Thanks

Talking Rescues Update!

I rescued these two females along with BP.net member beardedragon on 2-12-08. Here are pics of the two I kept. As for the one with the bad eyes and open mouth breathing we gave it to a friend of my with a lot more experience, time, and money to get the girl back to health. They were able to get rid of the mites and remove the retained eye caps as well. They also think she can see. They are now working on the mouth rot and upper RI. I got that update about 2 weeks ago.

Anyway, here are my girls. The bigger darker girl is weighing in at 1250g and eats like a champ. The smaller lighter girl is only weighing in at 500g. She was the weakest, skinniest, and had the worst mites out of them all. She also had retained eye caps but I was able to get rid of those with her past shed. She ate for the first time about an hour ago. I am so proud!

PS. We got rid of the mites in 5 days using the sevens dust and had no side effects.

Oh no I got a runaway! You can see the reject screws in the floor from when I built their new home. I just built them all a nice enclosure. I'll post that later.

I didn't want to aggrivate her too much cause she just ate.
    Last edited by sahara87; 03-14-2008 at 02:21 AM. Reason: Sized the pics down a bit.
    1.1 Black Pastel
    1.0 Pastel
    0.2 Normal
    1.0 Pit Boxer Mix
    0.1 Chow Mix (RIP Cloey I had a great 12 years w/ you!)
    0.1 Black Lab Mix
    0.1 Cat
    1.0 Min-Pin Rat Terrier Mix

Thanks

Re: Rescues Update!

Where did you rescue these snakes from ?.
    Was it an owner who didn't know how to look after reptiles, its such a shame to see animals in this sort of condition.
    Its good to know there are people out there who are willing to take on sick and injured snakes, like yourself.
    Wishing you and your snakes all the best for the future
    Ken

Thanks

So you built them all ONE enclosure? Or you built separate enclosures for each of them? If you want them to thrive, it would be best to separate them if you have them all housed together. I hope that wooden box in the picture isn't the enclosure, otherwise you're going to get mold and warping very quickly.. Wood needs to be sealed very well before being used.
    --Becky--
    ?.? Normals, 1.0 100% Het Pied Classic Jungle, 1.0 Yellow Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Butterscotch Hypo, 0.1 100% Het VPI Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Yellow Hypo, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Yellowbellies, 0.1 YB Granite, 1.0 Black Pastel, 1.0 Lemon Pastel, 0.1 50% Possible Het Banded Albino, 0.1 Spider, 1.0 Fire, 0.2 Granite

Thanks

I got them from a person in AL. He had them all in one tank together along with 4 red tails. As for the enclosure it is separated in to 3 boxes with screen doors on the front for each of my snakes. I have another Bp that I had before the rescues. I made sure I kept her away from the rescues until they were 110% better. I have not sealed the wood yet. Each shelf is removable for that reason and for easy cleaning. All of my snakes had just shed before I put them in there so I have some time. I am going to seal the wood this weekend. Don't worry I have other places to put the snakes while this is being done. I also put the enclosure on wheels for easy maneuvering to get it outside to be sealed. I have seen some people use linoleum for the lining where the snakes lay but what would be your choice? Also, what would be the best for the cooperation with the heat mat? Please give me your input.
    1.1 Black Pastel
    1.0 Pastel
    0.2 Normal
    1.0 Pit Boxer Mix
    0.1 Chow Mix (RIP Cloey I had a great 12 years w/ you!)
    0.1 Black Lab Mix
    0.1 Cat
    1.0 Min-Pin Rat Terrier Mix