Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,086

0 members and 3,086 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Scott L. (28)

» Stats

Members: 75,129
Threads: 248,574
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, KILLER112397
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

First time video editing, Pre-Scent/Feed.

This is my first shot at editing a video shot with my new digital camcorder. Yeah, it's a feeding video, but it also shows a good way to pre-scent.

His tank is pretty bare as he has mites and my PAM should be in tomorrow or Wednesday.

Editor's note: There are a couple of F-Bombs at the very beginning of the video, so if you have small children, you may not want them sitting right next to you. After the first line, the rest is just music. I tried to just post a link to the video, but it keeps posting the actual video. Sorry.

He eats every 5 days.

YouTube Video.

Tell me what you think.
    1.0.0 Normal BP: Vincent Vega

Thanks

Re: First time video editing, Pre-Scent/Feed.

Just my 2 cents, but feed him in his cage he lives in. That way you don't have to wake him like that an disturb him.

Thanks

good video but i think you could feed a bit larger
    Cold Blooded Asylum-COMING SOON to a Rack Near You

Thanks

Hahaha! I am a proud owner of the Sound Track! One of my all time favorite movies..... EVA!
    I agree, you could probably do a slightly larger crawler.... But Vincent is a handsome, fat, healthy looking guy... (like his name sake) lol Great Vid!
    Grey Scale is a good thing...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Laooda View Post
    Hahaha! I am a proud owner of the Sound Track! One of my all time favorite movies..... EVA!
    I agree, you could probably do a slightly larger crawler.... But Vincent is a handsome, fat, healthy looking guy... (like his name sake) lol Great Vid!
    Haha! Yeah, I love Pulp Fiction, also one of my all time favorites, if you didn't notice... Took me about an hour to make the video in Microsoft Movie Maker (which is a great program for free!). First video to ever edit, turned out kinda cool

About the bigger prey, It's kinda hard to judge at the pet store, and it stretches his neck quite a bit. But next time I'll try to step it up a little bit.

As for feeding him in his tank.. there's so much debate about that, I'd rather feed him out just to change his feeding response. Which as you can tell, pre-scent isn't 100% necessary.

Thanks for the comments and advice though!

Thanks

Great Clip, at first when the music started i was like "what kind of house this guy lives in" cursing while he tryin to feed his BP !lol. anyway, like the choice of music and the B&W... i would agree u could jus feed in the same tank, sometime that is the reason y people get bit cuz u make them jump just picking them up like that... great clip, tks for sharing cant wait for another...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by patb201985 View Post
    Great Clip, at first when the music started i was like "what kind of house this guy lives in" cursing while he tryin to feed his BP !lol. anyway, like the choice of music and the B&W... i would agree u could jus feed in the same tank, sometime that is the reason y people get bit cuz u make them jump just picking them up like that... great clip, tks for sharing cant wait for another...
    Yeah, I've heard several things about feeding him in the same tank, or feeding him in a seperate one. It's better for me right now to feed him in a different tank because I usually clean his tank while he's eating, this time I did not.

I've heard that if you feed him in his tank, sometimes when you're trying to pick him up, he'll think you're food. Either way, it works for me right now, I just wanted to take a stab at editing a video, I think I did alright if I may say so myself.

Thanks

I'm in Waco. Why not come on down and see what it's like feeding 45 Ball Pythons whose tubs can barely be opened on feeding day, let alone picking them up to move into a feeding tub. I'd get my hands and arms torn to shreds. They all get fed in their homes, and I've never been bitten on a regular, non-feeding day. They know when mice are around and they know when they aren't.

If he keeps eating consistently, every week, in the box for you, go right ahead. Just know that you're conditioning him to think that everytime you remove him from his enclosure, that he'll get fed. Plus, being that they are a shy, ambush predator, feeding them in their home enclosures ensures that they will feel safe and scure enough to eat, and they are much less likely to get a wrong grab on the rodent. I got my first Ball in 04, and still have her. She's a 2000g adult now. She has been fed in her enclosure since she was a tiny noodle, and KNOWS when feeding day is and definitely knows when it's not. She has never tried to strike or bite on a normal day.

Just some food for thought
    --Becky--
    ?.? Normals, 1.0 100% Het Pied Classic Jungle, 1.0 Yellow Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Butterscotch Hypo, 0.1 100% Het VPI Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Yellow Hypo, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Yellowbellies, 0.1 YB Granite, 1.0 Black Pastel, 1.0 Lemon Pastel, 0.1 50% Possible Het Banded Albino, 0.1 Spider, 1.0 Fire, 0.2 Granite

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SatanicIntention View Post
    I'm in Waco. Why not come on down and see what it's like feeding 45 Ball Pythons whose tubs can barely be opened on feeding day, let alone picking them up to move into a feeding tub. I'd get my hands and arms torn to shreds. They all get fed in their homes, and I've never been bitten on a regular, non-feeding day. They know when mice are around and they know when they aren't.

If he keeps eating consistently, every week, in the box for you, go right ahead. Just know that you're conditioning him to think that everytime you remove him from his enclosure, that he'll get fed. Plus, being that they are a shy, ambush predator, feeding them in their home enclosures ensures that they will feel safe and scure enough to eat, and they are much less likely to get a wrong grab on the rodent. I got my first Ball in 04, and still have her. She's a 2000g adult now. She has been fed in her enclosure since she was a tiny noodle, and KNOWS when feeding day is and definitely knows when it's not. She has never tried to strike or bite on a normal day.

Just some food for thought
    Do you sell your BPs? If so, that's awesome cuz you're close. But it would be cool to see a whole bunch together that's not in a pet shop.

Thanks

You can PM me if you want to know that. Discussions on selling aren't really allowed..

I don't mind visitors though!
    --Becky--
    ?.? Normals, 1.0 100% Het Pied Classic Jungle, 1.0 Yellow Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Butterscotch Hypo, 0.1 100% Het VPI Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Yellow Hypo, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Yellowbellies, 0.1 YB Granite, 1.0 Black Pastel, 1.0 Lemon Pastel, 0.1 50% Possible Het Banded Albino, 0.1 Spider, 1.0 Fire, 0.2 Granite

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast