Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,372

4 members and 3,368 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91

Thread: argus monitors

Thanks

argus monitors

I've been thinking about getting an argus monitor, but I can't seem to find any good information on them via google. Does anyone have any information they'd like to share?

Thanks

Re: argus monitors

Look on the reptic zone forum, and try varanus panoptesis on google or yahoo. How much experience do you have with monitor or lizards in that case?? Argus monitors can get from 3 1/2 ft-5ft from small females to large males. If this will be your first lizard or monitor I suggest a red ackie,yellow ackie,frilled lizard,beardie, or if you want a ''bigger monitor'' and have the space get a savanna monitor.
    Do your h.w lizards require alot more space then snakes.

Thanks

I have lizards right now. 2 leos and 2 cresties and a green iguana. I've handled lizards for a while and monitors have always sort of been a "want". Now I feel I can actually house one so I want to go for it. Do savannas make good starter monitors? I do want something that gets a little bigger. The reason I asked about argus monitors is because they're behavior from what I heard is amazingly interesting.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by .Matt View Post
    I have lizards right now. 2 leos and 2 cresties and a green iguana. I've handled lizards for a while and monitors have always sort of been a "want". Now I feel I can actually house one so I want to go for it. Do savannas make good starter monitors? I do want something that gets a little bigger. The reason I asked about argus monitors is because they're behavior from what I heard is amazingly interesting.
    Ohh.. Ok well I think savannas are great starter/intemidiate species they get around 3-4ft I have personally never seen a 5ft one soo i cant say anything about that. Argus I hear they arent that special soo I would go with something your going to like! Also look up white throats their pretty cool they look something like savs but a little differnt . Just take it slow on this because a sav,argus,white throat will need a 8ft cage plus feeding,cleaning,time,money! I would buy some monitor books,read care sheets on differnt monitors,and just take your time monitors are a BIG responceability! Im still decideing if I should get a water monitor,or a black tree and then get some blue,green trees but im waiting at least another 3-5 months to make a decision.
    Good luck!

Thanks

Thanks

They have some awsome cageing!