Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,825

2 members and 1,823 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,129
Threads: 248,573
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, KILLER112397
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: Who is you least fav TV herp person?

Quote Originally Posted by JLC View Post
    LOVE your avatar, btw! Total Firefly fanatic here!!
    Me too. I was at first put off by the western in space theme, but when it comes to dialog, Joss Whedon is brilliant.

Thanks

Brady Barr is the worst yet!!! If I want that much drama I will go to a drag show.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JeffFlanagan View Post
    Me too. I was at first put off by the western in space theme, but when it comes to dialog, Joss Whedon is brilliant.
    Thanks! I'm glad to see there are some browncoats around here.

Why the negativity? This thread should be...Who's your favorite? When one of you get on TV, then you can talk.
    Sadly, making it on TV doesn't necessarily mean you're doing stuff right.

Part of the problem is this quest for explosive action. You can film an animal two ways: in a natural environment or with stupid human intervention. If I film a rhino eating grass in a savannah, it's not entertaining. If I sneak up on it and kick it in the bollocks, chances are it's going to charge at me with mighty hellfire in its eyes. You catch that on film and you get $$$. Unfortunately, it is presented in a way that makes the animals look terrible.

This is reflected in comments people make, especially about snakes after watching tv shows/films like those. People come over to my house and expect a large writhing super aggressive kill-beast of a snake.

To be honest though, I like watching Brady Barr in the same way that I love watching Class B movies. When he did the hippo costume me and my wife were in tears. I fear we shall lose Brady Barr when he builds a White Shark costume and sinks to the bottom of the sea due to a miscalculation of buoyancy. RIP.
    1.0.0 Ball Python Fingers
    0.1.0 BCI Motoko

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aeio540 View Post
    Thanks! I'm glad to see there are some browncoats around here.

Sadly, making it on TV doesn't necessarily mean you're doing stuff right.

Part of the problem is this quest for explosive action. You can film an animal two ways: in a natural environment or with stupid human intervention. If I film a rhino eating grass in a savannah, it's not entertaining. If I sneak up on it and kick it in the bollocks, chances are it's going to charge at me with mighty hellfire in its eyes. You catch that on film and you get $$$. Unfortunately, it is presented in a way that makes the animals look terrible.

This is reflected in comments people make, especially about snakes after watching tv shows/films like those. People come over to my house and expect a large writhing super aggressive kill-beast of a snake.

To be honest though, I like watching Brady Barr in the same way that I love watching Class B movies. When he did the hippo costume me and my wife were in tears. I fear we shall lose Brady Barr when he builds a White Shark costume and sinks to the bottom of the sea due to a miscalculation of buoyancy. RIP.
    You crack me up.

Anti-Thread Necro Patrol
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,230 Times in 739 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brimstone111888 View Post
    Also to the people giving Brady crap for yelling about the bite. I don' think most of the people have been bite by a retic let alone a 12 foot retic and then to have the teeth tear and rip in his leg. It made almost inch deep slices that were pretty huge if you saw the bite. It was one of the worse bites I have ever seen. If you think he is a girl try taking a knife and cutting 1/2 inch - inch deep slices on your leg and then say hes a girl
    I give him the bite yelling. I'd probably scream like a girl too. But I wouldn't purposely put my self in that situation. And it's par for the course to take him seriously. He yells stuff like "OMG it's huge!" and "There's a snake! There's a snake!!!!!!" all while being overdramtic about it. I am used to Steve Irwin and Jeff Corwin's calm demeanor.

Thanks

I give him the bite yelling.
    I dunno. Corwin was taken down by an elephant and he didn't seem too phased.
    1.0.0 Ball Python Fingers
    0.1.0 BCI Motoko

Thanks
    Thanked 7,201 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

-- Judy

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by littleindiangirl View Post
    That steve austin guy.

Love brady barr, he screams like a little girl, plus he's funny to me. So it works out.
    Steve Austin??? Thought he was better with the stonecold stunners myself

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aeio540 View Post
    That's what I always tell people! You get people like Brady Barr who don't respect snakes as wild animals, and then as a result you have an audience of non-herp-people who expect all snakes to want to kill you! I think Corwin and Irwin did a great job in inspiring people to admire and respect animals... but people like that Brady Barr just ruin it. It's like backwards public education.

Hmm, and I wonder if those misguided non-herpers would support... oh I don't know... that USFW proposed ban on snake trade, were they asked their opinion on it??

Sorry for the rant. But I hate it when TV shows present sensationalist images of animals to the public. Someday I'm going to do my part to educate the public about herps.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JLC View Post
    brady barr in the stupid hippo suit! he should be brady barr- pet detective!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast