Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,278

2 members and 3,276 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Need to start accumulating information

Not to contradict you, or correct, Just like to say ive had problems with a Infared bulb, it did keep my dragon up, and so did a purple/black moonlight bulb, so they can see decent.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Crazydude View Post
    OT, Icy, nice to see another from MA. Reptiles seem to be rare around here, so another owner is always cool.
    Hey there You from the west or the east of MA?

Thanks

I said safer, not perfect. Anything left unmonitored can cause harm. I've heard of far more burns caused by undertank heaters than problems caused by spotlights.
    Last edited by Michelle.C; 02-23-2008 at 08:04 PM. Reason: add something..

Thanks

Not to contradict you, or correct, Just like to say ive had problems with a Infared bulb, it did keep my dragon up, and so did a purple/black moonlight bulb, so they can see decent.
    Yup, I hear you there. I actually never used one of those bulbs, I had just read about it online so shame on me for saying something I hadn't tried.

Of course, it's never good to use cut-and-paste husbandry. In other words, observe your dragon and if something really isn't working for it, change it! A friend of mine had a particular dragon with behavioral problems that would hurt himself if given any sort of climbing branches. He has to live in a relatively bare and small enclosure because of this. This is NOT the norm but just goes to show that every dragon is a little different.

Thanks

Michelle, if that was directed at me, sorry didnt see that,

I guess i just think lightbulbs are a better choice due to the third eye, seems like you have a similar view?

Anyway, i agree.

Of course, it's never good to use cut-and-paste husbandry
    I agree, black and white is not a great way, Most things i do are adjusted to fit my dragons needs, like mines prone to parasites, so for most of its life, its in a bare easy to clean enclosure, its in its 2 month free mark thats why it gets its new tank.

Didnt mean to sound like a jerk in any post. just laying out what ive learned.

Anyway, Icy, Im kind of SE, between Boston and Providence (Foxboro)

Thanks

I would talk to Raul. (WestCoastJungle) He's the man when it comes to Beardies!

Thanks

Anyway, Icy, Im kind of SE, between Boston and Providence (Foxboro)
    No way!! I actually live one town over from you (I'm away at school now but that's where my home is).

Sorry Jay, I'll stop hijacking your post now...

Anyways. I think your mom should know that while beardies are sometimes toted as great beginner lizards, they really require a LOT of time, effort, space, and bug-keeping... On the other hand they are the funniest and most loveable characters I have yet experienced in the reptile world!

Thanks

Oh yea, I know what characters they can be. We had a large female when I was younger (the reason I'm so full of questions is because all I ever did was handle her.) we would let her run around the house(supervised of course) and she would be such a goof. She also liked falling asleep on you.

So if they can see all colored light, a CHE would be my best bet when it comes to heating at night? It normally stays around 72-76 in the house. Very rarely it dips below 70, never below 68, and thats only if my fiance turns off the heat. Would I require a CHE or other heating element at night if temperatures stay in these ranges?

and hijack my post all you want. Its nice to find fellow herpers near where you live.
    Under Construction.....

Thanks

Er... Beardies will NOT keep eating and eating, they will stop when full. Its just some people dont want to feed them that much because of how much bugs cost. Mealworms are a huge no no, and the whole eating through your beardies tummy is a lie, not that you should feed them that anyways.

No UTH's for beardies, they just need a light basking spot set at 110 degrees. Lower than 100 can cause regurgs of the crickets. You will also need uvb.
    - Matt

Come here little guy. You're awfully cute and fluffy but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat

Thanks

If 68 is the lowest you dont have a problem, you wont even need a CHE.

I dont use anything, i found out about the blue light when i first got her, the petstore said it is good to use, but she watched it for awhile each night, and kept looking up.

And then when on vacation up north it was colder, and i used a Infared because i figured they cant see it right? anyway, same thing happened. Watched it for awhile, and tried to bask all through the night.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast