Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,105

1 members and 3,104 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.

Thread: amazon tree boa

Banned
    Thanks

amazon tree boa

HI I was consdiering getting an amazon tree boa to my collection. I currently have a ball python , and a brazilian rainbow boa. I was wanting some first hand experience on owning this type of snake, along with some stories both good and bad thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 1,912 Times in 971 Posts

Re: amazon tree boa

They make great display snakes...They usually don't like being handled though...

Thanks

Re: amazon tree boa

And you need to be careful for the 1st year, they are easily injured, esp. in trying to remove them from being coiled on a branch. (I don't have one; but my husband wanted one, so we did a lot of reearch and ended up ruling them out.)

If you want an arboreal and/or display snake you can handle, get a carpet python. Instead of the GTP or ETB, we got a jungle carpet python - he usually coils around a branch and stays on display. They get to be 6 - 8 feet, but not as girthy as a ball python. They need patient handling at first, but aren't fragile. They just ten to be nippy for the first 1 - 2 yrs until "tamed." We LOVE ours!! They can even be more addicting than ball pythons b/c they look "scary" (but aren't) and tickle that part of your brain that has an innate fear of snakes - even if you don't think you are. It's hard to explain. Go to Morelia forums and check 'em out. You'll love 'em!