Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,149

2 members and 3,147 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Get This

Thanks

Re: Get This

First, it is very sad how any animals are treated at pet stores, but you have to realize that to them, animals are nothing more than merchandise with a difference. Instead of sitting on a shelf in a box not costing a dime to be there, animals require care and feeding. Every time an employee cleans a cage, changes water or feeds, the profit margin drops. That is the reality of petshops. Also their suppliers (if they don't breed themselves) are jobbers or mass producing breeders. The whole idea is to move inventory with minimum cost. Don't support them! Buy from a reputable breeder. There are enough quality people out their to never need to enter a pet store. Will you pay more? Probably, but you won't be disappointed in a sub-quality animal. If you buy from a pet store, you might just be getting a wc animal, possible spending more in vet bill to clean it up then you would have spent originally on a quality animal from a good breeder.

Craig
    Emeralds are real Gems!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nathaniel View Post
    I was at a pet store today who had 2 tree boa's in a enclosure. They were terribly thin even for a tree boa's standard. Not much water for them and little humidity. Next to that there was a berm a retic and a ball all being stored in one enclosure I feel so bad for all of these snakes.

I am thinking about going and buying some of the snakes to ensure they live out life nicely. And not how they were being treated.

Have you talked to the owners about the snakes' living conditions?? I am not taking up for them but it could be that they are just terribly ignorant.
    Maybe go online and print out some caresheets of the animals that they have in there and take them to the store. You never know, they might just listen. After you have done this, and they still refuse to change the conditions, report them.

Thanks

nice plan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12