Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,195

3 members and 3,192 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,543
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Thanks

Do they increase your limit?

I was just checking my bank account to see if money would magically appear as I really want to get some snakes at the northern va show and I swear, someone must really like me. I checked my credit card to see what the available credit was. I don't know why I checked because I already knew I only had $65 left on my credit card to spend before it was maxed out (and my limit is $2000 and all of that money went towards reptiles.) My credit card is really just my "Snake Card". Well anyway, when I checked the available credit, it said I had over $1,000 worth of credit. Do they increase your limit without telling you? If so and if I really have over $1000 on my credit card, by golly I'm bringing some snakes home! I can put all the money I want on it since I can easily pay it off in May. I could totally max this thing out and put minimum payments towards it till May and then pay the whole thing off.

So if the bank really did increase my limit and I have $1000 to spend at this show, what do you think I should get. I was thinking of a Spider and something else, but I don't know what. Give me two snakes you would get if you went to a show with $1000.
    Under Construction.....

Thanks

Re: Do they increase your limit?

i'd bee line for a female albino

Thanks

Can you get a female albino for $1000. And I checked the February statement (which gets mailed to my grandmother's house since I used to live there) online and it had a little notice saying they had increased my limit. Woohoo! I just ok'ed it with my fiance to bring at least two snakes home. We have two tanks available. We were going to use them for rodents but we won't need them for a few more weeks and that gives us time to go get new ones.

Under Construction.....

Thanks

Yeah, they do just increase it without telling you... Adam gets pissed all the time and calls them back and tells them to lower it again (last time they bumped it up by 5K on him).

1000$? I'd get a pastel and a mojave and hope for some cute little pastaves in the future. Since you already have the pastels... Some het pieds and a mojave if I had enough left over! BUT you've already got a het pied... So I'd have to go with another het pied, and a mojave... (Sorry, I had to keep changing that based on looking at your sig!)
    ~*~ Adri ~*~

0.1 BP - Kitty (but 'officially' Cleo)
    2.0 Pet rats - Gir and Zim
    1.0 Bunnicula - Dexter

Thanks

Does increasing the limit do anything negative? Right now I'm just seeing visions of new snakes in my head. Is there any reason I would want to lower it? With this new increase my limit is at $3000, and I have about $1000 available. I could completely max this thing out, and pay it off in May so I'm not too terribly worried about it. I'm so excited that I'm getting new snakes!

A het pied female would be nice but I never see any at the shows I go to. Always males. A mojave would be nice. They are very pretty and I would love to make BELs eventually.
    Under Construction.....

Thanks

If you want BELs, I'd invest in lessers... They are more expensive, but they make a much brighter and cleaner looking Lucy.

Save up the money until you find a female, it is breeding season after all, I'm sure someone will have one available online for you!

Increasing the limit doesn't do anything negative, it's just if you max it out then your monthly payment goes up, and considering we just bought a new fridge, a big screen plasma TV and have spent about 2K on the stupid xbox we just didn't want to be temped buy anything else! We know we can pay off what we have now, but one stupid impulse buy (like a snake for me, or a couch etc) and we'd probably regret it!
    ~*~ Adri ~*~

1.0 Bunnicula - Dexter

Thanks

See I know I can pay off whatever I put on the card because in May I get a nice fat check because of an accident i had when I was little (fell off a ferriswheel when I was 4), so no issues there. So I guess I am definatly bringing some snakes home tomorrow. The question is what. I wouldn't mind bringing home some hets but I would like something visual. I only have room for two snakes right now so thats my limit on this show. Then in May, I'm free to get whatever the heck I want to get. lol. I plan on getting at least four snakes from Daytona.
    Under Construction.....

Thanks

Great, now I'm too excited to sleep. I have to be up in 5.5 hours and I'm too excited about being able to get some sleep. I swear, a few minutes ago I was so bummed out because I wasn't going to be able to afford getting any new snakes and then suddenly WHAM! I get a credit increase and I'm able to afford TWO new snakes and I was hoping to have enough in the bank account for just a likkle baby corn. lol. Someone really likes me I guess.
    Under Construction.....

Thanks

ROFLMAO... I thought I was the only kid dumb enough to fall off a ferris wheel!!!! Well, not in that you're dumb and not funny in that you may have been injured, just that I've never actually heard of that happening to anyone else before! I was lucky, just some needles for tetnus, some stitches and a neato scar on my hand... In my case, my god brother and I were goofing around and the door hadn't latched properly-hence the dumb comment! Otherwise I was so unharmed that I couldn't even guilt my parents into letting me keep the goldfish I won by having good aim with the ping pong ball...

I still vote for het pied and spider then, if you're going to come into some cash, get some lessers then get those gorgeous BELs!
    ~*~ Adri ~*~

1.0 Bunnicula - Dexter

Thanks

The spider and het pied female where two of the four I was going to pick up from the Daytona show, so if I get those tomorrow (if I can find some nice ones) then that leaves two open slots for the Daytona show and those can be a pair of lessers or something of that nature.

If you want to know what my ferris wheel experience was like, I'll tell you. I was four, as I said before and we got into the car. It was a little different from those big ones you see. It had smaller cars, was a little smaller in size overall and just had a bar across you for safety. Well I was in the seat, my mother was getting in and the stupid guy on the controls hit the button, thinking everyone was ready. My mom fell backwards onto the pavement but I went up, without the bar across me. Apparently (I was too young to remember this part), I looked over the side and the car tilted and I fell out, 25ft! right onto the pavement. First my arms hit (they broke my fall and possibly saved my life) and then my face hit my arms. I broke both arms (my mom said in two places in each arm) and shattered my upper jaw. I remember everything but actually being in the ride and the actual fall. Everything else I remember. It was on the news and everything. So after some time in court, I was to receive money starting when I was 18. $17,400 every year for 4 years. This will be my last check so I'm going to use some of it on snakes, some on school, and the rest will be saved.

.....so yea, thats my story.
    Under Construction.....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast