I am considering getting two bonded rabbits in the near-future. They will not be my first, but it has been some time since my last rabbit. She passed away at 8years old of a digestive problem that the vet couldn't decipher.

Anyway, my situation is that I live in an apartment and have limited space. I am planning on keeping the rabbits in the living room, in front of the sliding glass door in a NIC (neat idea cubes) home-made cage, with run for supervised out-of-cage time. My question is, what is the best flooring to use?

I am currently looking at using a heavy-duty shower curtain spread over the entire area, with towels and bedsheets on top of that. The rabbits will be litter box trained. Is this going to be adequate covering, or are my buns going to ruin my carpet?

Also, near that area is our little entertainment center. What have you found to be the easiest way of keeping the cords out of eager bunny mouths? We had thought about running them through some PVC piping, but because it is an entire entertainment center, it's going to be difficult. ...I just had a thought. What if I took a large storage container, drilled a small hole for the cords to run through, and then piled the remaining cord length inside the box? Hmm... but then I'd have to have an outgoing hole also, and then that's quite a bit of cord still exposed. Oh well.

I need any tips and tricks for keeping things clean and safe. When I had my rabbit I was much younger, and had no idea how to properly go about things. The result was an ever-messy environment for me AND the bun.

Please, any comments are greatly appreciated.