Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,197

5 members and 3,192 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Smile How BP.net has affected me

So basically, I'm just making this post to show what this site has done for me thus far. Ever since I got my first ball python (about a month ago), I have been a part of this forum for the most part. I started reading things like caresheets and FAQs in order to try to get my BP in the best environment I can give it. Honestly, I am overwhelmed with this forum. I would never in my life have learned half the stuff I know now if I wasn't reading it on here. If I hadn't, my tank wouldn't be even half as good for my snake as it is now. This forum is filled with some of the nicest and most helpful people in the hobby, and they actually CARE about your animals and problems. Most forums are filled with show off jerks, but people on here with hundreds of reptiles are so nice and want to make sure you take care of your pet as best as you can. Because of this forum, my interest in ball pythons has grown tremendously and I already purchased a new Pastel, and even plan on getting a rack for more. I'm glad that I know what's needed to keep them healthy and safe. I pretty much read on here all day, even when I'm out I used my phone to see the latest posts on the main page, reading peoples problems and the tremendous amount of help they receive in return. By seeing how others deal with their problems, I learn to avoid my own and am ready for them when they do happen which is I think very important. I wish the site showed amount of messages read instead of posts because I'm more of the listener type! In the end, I just again want to thank all the wonderful people in this forum, and it is because of you guys that I keep my interest in this wonderful hobby and hope to keep it going for as long as I can. You guys are the best!
    Haik

Registered User Markus Heinsohn's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: How BP.net has affected me

I agree, this is a nice place here... very polite and helpful people!
    0.1 High Contrast - 1.0 Spider - 0.1 Cinnamon Pastel - 0.1 Lesser Platinum - 1.2 British Short Hair Cats

Thanks

I have to agree too, It's amazing to see so many polite and helpful people around here!

There's much more information here about bps than many other places and the experience of the breeders gives us so much and practical problems can get a practical solution.

Thanks everyone!!

Thanks

What a lovely post.. and I couldn't agree more. I've always kept reptiles to one degree or another since I was a teen, but the information and family feel that this forum offers has improved my husbandry skills tremondously! Most "old school" methods are a thing of the past as we learn more about ore fur-less friends... and I'm quite sure that I would not have been aware of most of this hobby's improvements if not for BPnet! Not to mention... I've made some pretty great friends too
    Grey Scale is a good thing...

Thanks

Agreed! I love these forums. They're addictive!!

I had a similar experience when I started out with my first herp, my beardie, on Beardeddragon.org. That is another great forum filled with helpful advice and great people (at least when I frequented it), so you might want to check that out if you are into the lizard scene as well.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,201 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by eckoxblayze View Post
    So basically, I'm just making this post to show what this site has done for me thus far. Ever since I got my first ball python (about a month ago), I have been a part of this forum for the most part. I started reading things like caresheets and FAQs in order to try to get my BP in the best environment I can give it. Honestly, I am overwhelmed with this forum. I would never in my life have learned half the stuff I know now if I wasn't reading it on here. If I hadn't, my tank wouldn't be even half as good for my snake as it is now. This forum is filled with some of the nicest and most helpful people in the hobby, and they actually CARE about your animals and problems. Most forums are filled with show off jerks, but people on here with hundreds of reptiles are so nice and want to make sure you take care of your pet as best as you can. Because of this forum, my interest in ball pythons has grown tremendously and I already purchased a new Pastel, and even plan on getting a rack for more. I'm glad that I know what's needed to keep them healthy and safe. I pretty much read on here all day, even when I'm out I used my phone to see the latest posts on the main page, reading peoples problems and the tremendous amount of help they receive in return. By seeing how others deal with their problems, I learn to avoid my own and am ready for them when they do happen which is I think very important. I wish the site showed amount of messages read instead of posts because I'm more of the listener type! In the end, I just again want to thank all the wonderful people in this forum, and it is because of you guys that I keep my interest in this wonderful hobby and hope to keep it going for as long as I can. You guys are the best!
    It's posts like this that make all the effort worth it. Personally, I'm humbled by your words, and more grateful for them than you can know.
    -- Judy

Thanks

That was a great post, it refects how i feel about the forum too. Beautifully written. i appreciate all the members, moderators, exc!!! well done everyone

Thanks

I want to thank everyone here too. this site and it's members rock!

Thanks

Nice- really nice! It is very important to remember to be thankful for this forum and grateful for the people behind the scenes (and in front) who make it all run so smoothly day after day. How cool is it that 'eckoxblayze' reminded us all to stop and think and be appreciative. Way to go

~~McKinsey~~
    "Men have forgotten this truth," said the fox. "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed."
    ~The Little Prince; Antoine de Saint Exupery

Thanks

Best forums on the net!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast