Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,113

4 members and 3,109 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey

Thread: Hello everyone

Thanks

Smile Hello everyone

Just thought I'd introduce myself.
    I don't reckon you'll see me posting too much as I mostly joined so I could read those bulletin thingies and check out user galleries of their snakes and set ups etc. but you'll probably see me ask a question or two!
    I live in the middle of nowhere (but not really) in northern BC, Canada.
    I have a beautiful 4 y/o Rottweiler named Boomer (I just call him Puppy), and a deep purple betta named Stel (or Stel-Fish, or Fishy).
    I love all kinds of animals and I have a bit of a dilemma when it comes to snakes since I love rats as pets....but I love snakes, too. Just kinda hard to keep a pet that eats your other ones, know what I mean?
    Anywho, that about wraps it up....see ya around!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,326 Times in 1,368 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: Hello everyone

Welcome! So do you have any snakes currently or is that the dilemma? There are a lot of us here that keep rats as pets but still have snakes. I started breeding rats for food for my snakes, but a lot of them are now my pets too.
    - Emily

Thanks

There are lots of good care sheets to read and you can use the search engine to discover more particulars on a subject as well! I don't raise rats but I can understand your ethical dilemma; it will be interesting to see how that one plays out! I have a 10 month old Rottie named Jack and also have 3 Betta fish!
    We also have Merlin, a Shepard/husky mix, and Mary, a golden retriever. I have balls and am also getting an Aby line boa! Glad you're hear and feel free to chime in!

~~McKinsey~~
    "Men have forgotten this truth," said the fox. "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed."
    ~The Little Prince; Antoine de Saint Exupery

Thanks

Hello mlededee and starmom
    Thanks for the welcome
    I don't currently have any snakes. Mum is petrified anyways!

I think I may get a BP someday but not keep any rats simulatenously (I keep having dreams that I had both and Monty [fav python name] escaped and eated them!) I would probably have to feed frozen (ones that have been 'humanely' euthanized) and make someone else do it. I don't want to miss out on owning this magnificent creature just cuz I'm a pansy. lol
    This shall be interesting, indeed!

starmom, that's a nice selection of dog breeds! Some of the best right there. I've never actually met one, but I think the flat-coated retriever is perfect for me. They look like golden retrievers, except black.