Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,663

3 members and 2,660 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,102
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Geezy99
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crazy story

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Crazy story

So for quite some time now I have been a firm believer in the power of positive thought. I have actually used it successfully to acquire things. I have been using my powers to try to bring a new snake into my life lately. And, yesterday it finally happened. But not like I thought it would. I came home from work yesterday and went down to the basement to throw some wood in the woodstove and there he was. Curled up in front of the stove, warming up. A baby garter snake!!!! I still can't believe it. Somehow in the middle of a harsh New England winter, in the middle of a snow storm, a baby garter snake comes out of hibernation and finds it's way into my finished basement to curl up in front of my woodstove and wait for me to get home from work!!!! I was trying for an albino male BP, but hey I'll take it. Oh well... back to the drawing board.

Thanks

Re: Crazy story

Have you seen or read anything about "The Secret" a book/documentary video.
    ~*Rich
    1.0 100% Het Albino
    1.3 Normal
    1.0 Spider
    0.1 Mojave
    1.0 Pastel 100% Het Goldfinger
    0.1 Pastel 66% Het Goldfinger
    0.1 Pastel PH Goldfinger

Thanks

I would use the powers to find a winning lottery ticket or a chest of gold bars.
    What are these mojavas I keep hearing so much about?

J. W. Exotics

Reptile Incubators

Thanks

The company I work for, Defender Direct, is actually a very big supporter of positive thought. They offer training courses and seminars for people to learn more about how their attitudes can affect their jobs and their lives (their motto is "Businesses don't grow, people do!) We give out free books to every new employee, as well as a "How to Face the Day" CD by Ed Foreman. They also have a library where people can rent and read books on the subject for free... including "The Secret".

And I gotta tell you, this is one of the best places I've ever worked... and I definitely think positive thought works!

Awesome story!

Thanks

I tried applying what I saw in the secret but its very hard to stay positive all the time. Especially when 90% of the people you come into contact with are very negative and pessimistic. I definitely think there is something going on with thinking positive and the laws of attraction.
    ~*Rich
    1.0 100% Het Albino
    1.3 Normal
    1.0 Spider
    0.1 Mojave
    1.0 Pastel 100% Het Goldfinger
    0.1 Pastel 66% Het Goldfinger
    0.1 Pastel PH Goldfinger

Thanks

I believe in the powers of possitive thought as far as being optimistic and striving towards self imposed goals, not in the way that wishing for something really hard is going to make it fall out of the sky and land on my lap. Thinking really hard and wishing isn't going to make all my females lay 6 good eggs and have them hatch, but being possitive, setting goals and finding methods to reach the goals (and hard work and sacrifice) will give me the best shot at getting my wish.
    What are these mojavas I keep hearing so much about?

J. W. Exotics

Reptile Incubators

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    I tried applying what I saw in the secret but its very hard to stay positive all the time. Especially when 90% of the people you come into contact with are very negative and pessimistic. I definitely think there is something going on with thinking positive and the laws of attraction.
    Have you ever heard of Ed Foreman or his Successful Life Seminar? One of his basic teachings is this: it has been biologically proven that, when you smile, your body produces two types of hormone: endorphins and adrenaline. These make you feel better, whether you're in a bad mood or not. Laughing only increasing the production of these two hormones. Foreman teaches you to smile even when you don't want to, and laugh when you want to cry or yell. It works. It's absolutely impossible to stay angry with a big-*ss smile on your face... or while having a big belly laugh.

I agree, there's something to it.

And Jake, I agree 100%. Setting goals and keeping yourself on the road to those goals is the best way to create the life you want for yourself. And it helps to have a good attitude while you're about it

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

I have read The Secret as well as the entire 700 section (self-help) in my local library!!!! I told the story of how I materilized a dozen yellow roses, somewhere on this forum a while ago. I have used nothing but thought to get all sorts of things once I found out it really works. And, yes, I am still thinking about that big sack of money. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks

awesome and we have the dvd (the secret) i think there is certainly power in prayer and positive thoughts

Thanks

Isnt the power of positive thinking more or less conditioning you to see the upside to anything that happens, rather than making it happen? It makes you see the glass half full instead of half empty, and makes you think outside of the box with how you can use what life gives you to further yourself regardless.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast