Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,219

0 members and 3,219 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: I got my rack!!

Thanks

Re: I got my rack!!

there is no paper towel right now, its just taped to the flexwatt. We will see what happens tonight with our temps. thanks so much for your help youve been a lifesaver!! we SOOO owe you

Thanks

Haha no problem!!! I saw it was a johnson control. So I ran to my room and grabbed the manual.

Glad to have been of some help

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyB View Post
    there is no paper towel right now, its just taped to the flexwatt. We will see what happens tonight with our temps. thanks so much for your help youve been a lifesaver!! we SOOO owe you

Thanks

well you have been a tremendous help, words really cant begin to explain how greatfull we are! We can start disassembling the makeshift bins we had for our snakes and look forward to a good long life of racks. NO MORE RHEOSTAT!

Thanks

Yeah booo on rheostats!!! Haha. They work like magic in my climate controlled room though. If its not climate controlled. Then they're a headache.

And Johnson controls aren't bad. I had mine controlling my cold side temps on 3 tubs. In a room heated to 82 degrees. And I got maybe a 2 degree temp swing with mine. I use it to bump the temp up just a tad. I've since switched to Ranco brand for the cold sides. They're a little more temp steady in my experience.

The helix's are good too. I love em.

But a properly setup johnson control or ranco is just fine

Does that rack sag at all in the middle? I've heard those sideways ones tend to sag over time. And did you pick it up used? Brand new? Mind me asking what you paid for it?

Thanks

I picked it up used. The man had it for just under a year, was trying to breed and decided to breed dogs instead so he sold it to the store It doesnt sag at all, its really in amazing shape. the bins were a bit yucky but we washed them up really well and my husband is on his way to buy two more bins for the bottom two slots. We just got really lucky. I dont mind sharing what we paid for it as it was an absolute steal.. we got everything for $225. Needless to say im beyond thrilled. The store guaranteed it would work too or they would take it back.

Even if we have to replace the flexwatt, bins and thermostat in a year its still a deal

Thanks

there is one pit fall... It doesnt have the locking pins and we have little people. Thankfully the bins are nice and snug but we might do our own locking pins if it becomes an issue. Our kids are usually pretty good but like anything else, they too can be unpredictable and with pet snakes and pet rats in the house we cant be too careful.

Thanks

Just make sure they know not to put little things in they're mouths.

I don't know how old the kids are. But you never know. Haha. Some kids just aren't smart. Haha

Butyeah that's a heck of a bargain!! Thought I'd say you'll obviously have to set your stat higher than say; mine. I'm using belly heat. Your using back heat.

Hope you can get it working!!

Thanks

Im sure it will work fine once we get things situated with the proper temps. Our kids are almost two and three and half (2 kids) they dont put things in their mouths anymore.. its more my fear of them opening one of the drawers up when were not looking. lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyB View Post
    I picked it up used. The man had it for just under a year, was trying to breed and decided to breed dogs instead so he sold it to the store It doesnt sag at all, its really in amazing shape. the bins were a bit yucky but we washed them up really well and my husband is on his way to buy two more bins for the bottom two slots. We just got really lucky. I dont mind sharing what we paid for it as it was an absolute steal.. we got everything for $225. Needless to say im beyond thrilled. The store guaranteed it would work too or they would take it back.

Even if we have to replace the flexwatt, bins and thermostat in a year its still a deal
    Oh you lucky dog you!!!! Darnit!!!! I almost stopped in their shop today! I would have carried it home strapped to my back.

Good for you, gratz on the rack.
    Staci

iherp...do you?

Thanks

Staci thats so funny you say that! I was talking to Brian saying we would be back for it and if it was still there it would be meant to be, if not it wouldnt be... then he was telling me about how he was going to buy something and someone else got it within minutes of him being back there. So go figure lol.. bet your booty we drove right back over there and got it lol!! Thanks for the congrats. i would make the drive up there just to see that Madagascar tree boa lol

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast