Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,327

2 members and 3,325 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
    Thanks

I 'am getting a Green tree python

Well my mom and I are considering on getting a nice yellow one. As of now I' am very happy and excited to get one i love there color changes i hope when it reachs adult it will have some blue shades in him I will have pics as soon as i get him home now what to name him.....
    Collection: 1.2pastel 1.1albino 1.1het albino 1.0 het pied 0.1 pied 1.0 mojave 1.0 african lesser 1.1 cinny 1.0sable 0.1spider 0.1enchi pastel 1.0 pinstripe 1.0bumble bee 2.17 normal 0.1 green tree python 2.0 boas

Thanks

Re: I 'am getting a Green tree python

sweet!! cant wait to see pics!!
    FB: https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile....00001688532105
    Upcoming concerts:
    October 10: KoRn
    October 11 - Bon Jovi
    October 19: Death Angel
    October 26 - Avenged Sevenfold, Deftones, Ghost
    October 28: Slayer
    November 8 - Nine Inch Nails
    November 15 - Kreator, Overkill, Warbringer
    November 27: In This Moment
    -Misael

Thanks

Well i have been doing alot of research but in everyones opion witch one seems more docile wit a good feeding response I know sometimes they can be picky eaters but my balls go 5-9 months without eating and hardly lose 100 grams but in a few months they get 400+ so I am not to worried about feeding problems unless he losses alot.
    Collection: 1.2pastel 1.1albino 1.1het albino 1.0 het pied 0.1 pied 1.0 mojave 1.0 african lesser 1.1 cinny 1.0sable 0.1spider 0.1enchi pastel 1.0 pinstripe 1.0bumble bee 2.17 normal 0.1 green tree python 2.0 boas

Thanks

I dont know witch one to chose i like the sorongs and the jayapura but witch one. Witch one is normaly calm and a good feeding response?

Thanks

From what I have read, the mainland types tend to be the most docile. (Aru, Jaya, Sorong...) as far as feeding response it would vary from one animal to another. There are tricks to feeding a young gtp, just don't let yourself get frustrated and never give up!
    A great site for feeding tips: http://www.sprucenubblefarm.com/chon...et_feeding.php

Once your new GTP gets settled in and ready to eat, maybe it will be ready to eat on the first or second try, maybe it won't. I got lucky with mine and he eats like a champ, I have only handled him once during cage cleaning, since he is so small and fragile, and he's just as gentle as can be.

Just make sure you do your research and have your chondro's setup ready already heated and humid before it arives!

Thanks

ok well i found a cool site and wanted to know if any one has bought from him and can tell me if i can buy from him with confindence? http://www.frantzherp.com/ here is the website that leads to his home page let me know thanks

Thanks

I have heard several upon several times Sorongs are the calmest/most docile....as well as usually getting a lot of blue as they age.
    Too many.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whitesnake12 View Post
    ok well i found a cool site and wanted to know if any one has bought from him and can tell me if i can buy from him with confindence? http://www.frantzherp.com/ here is the website that leads to his home page let me know thanks
    Troy Frantz is great to deal with, he is who I bought my GTP from as well. However, I would have rather bought from a breeder as opposed to a broker. There is the possibility that some of Frants Herp's animals could have been farm raised or W/C outside of the US and shipped here to be sold. Although I am not certain of this, I have read a discussion about this topic on other forums. Troy is great to deal with but I wouldnt want to run the risk of spending that much money on a snake that could possibly carry internal parasites and give you a hard/expensive time down the road.

Thanks

I just bought a CBB TP from Kim Burge at Southern Chondros. All captive bred chondros, and her facilities were immaculate. I highly recommend her.

I guess I should create another thread for introducing my new one.
    Buck 99
    Python regius 4.4
    Morelia viridis 3.2
    Lampropeltis getulus californiae 0.1