Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,135

3 members and 3,132 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

SyHy4455 (58)

» Stats

Members: 75,124
Threads: 248,566
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Rai
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: wierd shed

Thanks

Re: wierd shed

Quote Originally Posted by serpents-prey View Post
    I am not about to give up my lessons to take my bp to the vet once a month.
    Nobody said that your BP needs to go to the vet once a month. I am rather disturbed by your statement, though. You would rather have fun, than prevent the suffering and possible death of your BP? Please correct me if I read this wrong or interpreted it wrong.

If you really feel this way, that riding horses is far more important than caring for your BP, then I would recommend finding your BP a new home. I'm not trying to attack you, and I do understand how fun horses are and the limits of teenage allowances but if your priority is showing horses and not the well being of your BP, it will be in the BPs best interest to go to a home where the owner is not so 'strapped for cash' and has the time and willingness to care for the animal.

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

Thumbs down Re: wierd shed

I am not about to give up my lessons to take my bp to the vet once a month.
    Than do your snake a favor and re-home him.

Pet ownership requires being responsible and providing for the animal's need. Pet ownership is not free nor is it cheap.

If you have other priorities and your animal has to suffer because of that than your BP would be better off with a new owner that can provide for it's need.

You have had very good advice however YOU chose to dismiss them because people are not telling you what YOU want to hear and it is sad because in the end if your BP suffers it is because of YOU and your habit of dismissing advice.

And I won’t even talk about you being ungrateful
    Deborah Stewart

Thanks

you know what fine as soon as the bp is healthy i will sell him
    by the way you did misinterperate that he was healthy and in a healthy environment before this i don't even know why i listen to you people i had a second snake this happened to and he was just fine three weeks after this happened to him it had scarred over and he was back to normal no side effects and no changes in behavior.

got the stupid temp gun by the way and temp is 87 degrees in the hide and 84 every where else in the tank
    Ladies and gentleman take my advice pull down your pants and slide on the ice.~Sigmund Reed~M.A.S.H.

Thanks

Wow, so something in your husbandry resulted in a previous snake suffering this? What happened to that snake? Where is it now?

I have three dozen snakes and I've never seen anything like that, and yet you have two and they both get it? Am I reading that right?
    ~Jess
    Balls: 2.10 normal, 1.0 pastel, 2.2 het albino, 1.0 50% het pied, 1.2 poss. axanthic, 1.0 pinstripe, 1.0 black pastel,
    Misc. snakes: 1.1 blood python, 1.0 Tarahumara Mountain kingsnake, 0.1 RTB
    0.0.1 Red-eyed casque-headed skink
    1.2 dogs (Lab, Catahoula, Papillon-X), 6.1 cats, 1.0 foster dog
    6.4.8 ASFs
    1.0 Very Patient Boyfriend

Thanks

Honey, if it had been kept in a healthy environment, this wouldn't have happened. Not the first time? Your posts have made it seem like you've never seen this before. What did you do with the other snake that didn't work? Did you take the other snake to the vet, do you still have it?

An animal can be just fine after recovering from an injury but everything is not "just fine" when an animal sustains an injury or the same discomfort and pain occurs with another animal.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Here's something to think about... if you like your riding lessons so much, you probably have some respect for the instructor.

What would your riding instructor say or think if you explained the situation to him/her? My guess is that the riding instructor didn't get to be so good with horses without having a respect for all living things, and would be appalled that you are choosing lessons over veterinary care for one of your pets that is injured.

Most animal people have the same rule, whether they are horse people, dog people, snake people.... the animals come first.

Besides, it is not like you've had to give up lessons entirely to afford taking this snake to the vet. Probably one lesson, maybe 2?
    Casey

Thanks

ok you know what i'm dropping this i don't care what you people say anymore i am selling them when they get better and thats that so for god sakes get off my back.
    Ladies and gentleman take my advice pull down your pants and slide on the ice.~Sigmund Reed~M.A.S.H.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by serpents-prey View Post
    ok you know what i'm dropping this i don't care what you people say anymore i am selling them when they get better and thats that so for god sakes get off my back.
    Finally, we have some good news.
    1.0 Normal Ball Python
    1.0 Western Hognose
    0.1 Brazilian Rainbow Boa
    1.0 Hypo Columbian Red Tail Boa

Thanks

**edit**

The contents of this post have been removed to comply with the T.O.S.

**end edit**
    Last edited by BP.net Staff; 02-02-2008 at 06:29 PM. Reason: post in breach of T.O.S.

Thanks

i don't care for those comments so do what you want

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast