Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,147

2 members and 2,145 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,138
Threads: 248,588
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, BertsMum
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Help with Care.

Thanks

Re: Help with Care.

I didnt read the whole thread... I always assume people would buy a UTH after they've been told it's really recommended. He did say he was going to buy one on 2/07...

Thanks

He doesnt have much money and hasnt purchased one yet, unless I missed something, I read the whole thread and he is tight on money and has taken this snake in to try and give him a better life because a relative of his couldnt manage it anymore. I think thats the gist of it all.
    1.0 Normal Ball Python- Little Dude
    0.0.1 Albino Kingsnake - Weiner
    Missi

Thanks

Gotcha. I did get a dimmer for the day bulb for now. it's keeping the bulb at 92F. The humidity is staying at 65% - 70% after spraying it a bit. If it goes well, then I might just get the stands for the bulbs and go with a red bulb. I don't know if others have used a red bulb over night, but if I can find a black bulb rated at about 150w then I'll go for it. That day bulb is 150w.

The aspen is holding, actually...The tub is holding the moisture well even with the aspen. I'm constantly checking it today since it's my day off, I'm also playing Guitar Hero 3 while doing it.

But the Rheostat is working well. I've yet to adjust it. I somewhat eyeballed it at the beginning and it's looking good. I also have my AC at about 75F for us.

If it goes well then I'll be sticking with the bulbs for the time being. Once I get some more money, I'll have to options. Go with the UTH or go with Reptile Basic and get a rack that will FORCE me into getting more Balls.

Like if I wouldn't want that.

Thanks

edit: quick fingers there deeplove... I see you have everything straightened out!

Thanks

I have used the infared red bulbs overnight and like I said, they are VERY bright. Keeping temps up is more important than keeping the tub dark but long term that would be a little bit mean because bp's enjoy darkness. They are nocternal. For now that should work but when you can, you should really consider the UTH, they are like $20, and you already have a rheostat to reduce the power to the UTH. The reptilebasics racks and enclosures would be awesome for sure though! Good luck!!
    Missi

Thanks

Good red bulbs only emit red light, which BP's cannot see and it will not stress them.

Red bulbs (infrared) are specially coated to stop any other light from going through.

Thanks

awesome! I did not know that! I have a red infared bulb that was sooooo bright I just gave up on it. It also zapped the humidity. Thanx for that tip!
    Missi

Thanks

Thanks guys or gals. I'm trying my best here. I really care for the Ball even if I didn't raise him myself. I was pushed into the hobby without any knowledge. But once I found this spot, you guys have literally opened my eyes to a pretty interesting hobby.

I was thinking about going with one of those Heat Emitters but for the price, I'll try my best to get a UTH. My only local store is Petsupermarket, Petco and Petsmart. They're all a minute away. So I guess it will be easier to turn something in if it doesn't work.

But looking into Reptile Basic, I'm wondering about the UTH heating they have. It seems cheap enough, but how much or what size should I get for the 66qt tub that I have?

Missi said half UTH and half bulb. That would be very cheap for me and I would assume, beneficial for the Ball.

Thanks

I havent had much of a look at what reptilebasics has and do not have anything from there myself, so hopefully others with experience using reptilebasics products can help you with that question.
    Missi

Thanks

Missi, what UTh have you been using?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast