Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,289

0 members and 3,289 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Pacman, who's got em?

Thanks for sharing. Awesome froggy!
    -Linh
    0.1 Sumatran Stp
    1.0 Pastel BP

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by littleindiangirl View Post
    OKay, one more thing, what size enclosure would you recommend? Like, whats the best I can do, an exoterra front door one? Or just a regular ol tank
    Let your imagination run wild Space doesn't stress this species to much. The only problem with too much, is getting the prey to go near the frog. These frogs will jump at the prey close range, then, if it gets away...then just sit back down and stay still Something around the size of a 5 gallon tank, to 10 gallon tank works best. Don't crowd them too much, but don't give them too much space. Give them a cage about 5-7x their body, and they'll do fine

I know I've posted this before, but this is what you wind up with, when the frog gets angry....girr LOL...

Banned
    Thanks

Here's some good cages for them. Floor space is much more important than height. These frogs don't climb...their build tells all

Big Apple - Faunariums
    Big Apple - Acrylic Caging
    LLL Reptile - Creative Habitat 05RT

Just some idea's for caging. You can go all out and have a jungle type realistic vivarium...but be forewarned, these frogs DIG! They'll make short work of most nicely decorated vivariums. IMO, basic is best when it comes to them. Just don't go too basic

Thanks

These are very cool.....but African Bullfrogs own all!!!!

I've got a very young male.

Thanks for the info. on these guys andrew.

Mike
    "They are biting out of excessive fear, not because they are mean. Mean is a human emotion and serves no purpose in the animal kingdom" - Kevin McCurley-The Complete Ball Python

Banned
    Thanks

Anytime. I've had some Pixies before...they're so-so. Man they could EAT!! The only thing I didn't like about them, is they're a little more water dependant than Horned frogs are. Other than that, they were ok. African Bullfrogs don't rule!.......South American Bullfrogs (Leptodactylus pentadactylus) rule! Aka, Smokey Mountain/Chicken Frogs. Their leap is incredible...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewH View Post
    Anytime. I've had some Pixies before...they're so-so. Man they could EAT!! The only thing I didn't like about them, is they're a little more water dependant than Horned frogs are. Other than that, they were ok. African Bullfrogs don't rule!.......South American Bullfrogs (Leptodactylus pentadactylus) rule! Aka, Smokey Mountain/Chicken Frogs. Their leap is incredible...
    I've found Pyxies to just be much more active and fun to care for than pacmans.

I have never dealt with Smokey's before but have seen them popping up more and more everyday.

Had any experience with them?

Mike
    "They are biting out of excessive fear, not because they are mean. Mean is a human emotion and serves no purpose in the animal kingdom" - Kevin McCurley-The Complete Ball Python

Banned
    Thanks

Yep, I've kept two of them before. These things GROW. They make a mess of their tanks too. Mud, gravel, feces, all up the glass on the tanks. They'd eat darn near anything that walked by the too. The only thing mine wouldn't eat were hissing cockroaches. They'd always spit them out....no clue as to why. Their jump ......you'd drool over it Open the lid to the tank, and get ready to catch a flying frog or two. They grow fairly steady, and they need it fairly humid. About 70% or so, I've found to work....75-80% and I'd have mold, and other nasties building up in the tank.

Thanks

This is my "girl" Ms. Pacman (i'm a huge fan of the video game...lol). My room-mate got her for me for my birthday. This was shortly after I got her, she's prolly twice that size now.

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/h...4/DSCN0414.jpg
    Last edited by dr del; 01-28-2008 at 08:01 PM. Reason: please keep pictures under 800 pixels wide

Banned
    Thanks

Now that frog is just plain ADORABLE!

BPnet Veteran Pork Chops N' Corn Bread's Avatar
    Thanks

Heres my male. About 5-6 years since I picked him up and hes still going strong on fuzzy rats
    ~Jake~
    Too many boas to list and a few balls as well

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast