Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,303

1 members and 1,302 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,137
Threads: 248,578
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, dangereux
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flash

Thanks

Flash

This is Flash, the dog we are now caring for until we find him a new home. He is a real cuddle bug and likes to wear clothes. I thought it was just his previous owner. I thought "No, the dog doesn't like the clothes. She just likes to put him in clothes." But no, when I showed him his blue sweater with a snowman on it, he literally dove into it and got all excited when I put him in it. Little wierdo. lol

He has really long nails, so any advice on how to trim those down? You can see in the picture they are too long. But I've never clipped any nails other than those of my cats.
    Under Construction.....

Thanks

Re: Flash

I would have said the same about the clothing thing Jay, except our doxie had a crazy orange and yellow knit sweater that she adored. In the winter months she wouldn't go outside without it and would go get it herself from the hook it hung on. I doubt she loved wearing the darn thing but she was smart enough to know it kept that low slung belly warm in the Canadian winters LOL.

Of course she was a crazy dog really. She had her own dog bed with a blanket and taught herself how to wiggle under the blanket, then reach over her shoulder and pull it up, basically tucking herself in for the night. It was a pretty neat trick and hilarious to watch. She also spent her long life bossing around a couple of very large German Shepherd's. April never did figure out that as small as she was, maybe she shouldn't queen it up around the big boys but they always let her get away with it. They are a breed with a LOT of personality.

As far as their nails - they are jet black and I'd personally have a hard time trimming them. Likely best to have a groomer do it unless you're good at doing dark claws.
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

There is a groomer that comes by my grandmother's house to groom my grandmother's dogs. Maybe I could find out what day she's coming to trim the dogs and I could pop on over there and get Flash's nails done.

As for the blankets, he loves burrowing into blankets. He spent all night last night curled up under the blankets. I kept waking up during the night to pull the blanket off him to make sure he was not suffocating in there. He's so silly.
    Under Construction.....

Thanks

how come your not going to keep him? hes just as cute as can be!!!! I love doxys

Thanks

I can't show this post to my b/f. He will literally beg me in to letting him about him. He LOVES doxies!

He is adorable! As for the black nails, I'd say take him to a groomer to get those cut down if you aren't sure how to do it or feel comfortable with trimming nails.

Why aren't you keeping him???
    ---=ALLISON=---
    "Not everyone is going to agree or listen to what you say but I have learned to do my best to educate and hope they listen in the long run. Just keep trying to educate. There will be people out there that actually do listen and learn. -Me"

Thanks

Well according to the lease, we are not allowed to have any more than two cats OR one small dog. Caged animals don't really count so we have tons of those. Currently we are breaking the rules by having a third cat but of course if someone comes to do work on the apartment, all the animals have to be locked in one room. If the cats meow, who's to say its not two cats? They'll never know the difference, but if they hear a dog bark, its a whole other story.

BUT, I have the ok from my mom (who loves him) to bring him over to her house during the times the apartment gets repairs and such (we get 24 hr notice), so there is a chance we could get away with it. We are getting very attached to him. I just took him out to Petsmart today and got him a nail trim and a new squeaky toy.

So, we might keep him. He's just too cute to give up.
    Under Construction.....

Thanks

I hope you get to keep him he looks very sweet!
    Karen
    WAKARUSA 2011

Thanks

We've decided to keep him. And my mom gave us some clothes for him since her dogs have outgrown them. Now his wardrobe consists of...

Halloween Outfit
    Thanksgiving Outfit
    Christmast Outfit
    Winter Outfit
    Blue Knit Sweater
    Black Coat
    Jogging Suit
    Red Winter Coat
    Pajamas (too big for him)

We are probably going to stop by Petsmart tomorrow (need cat food) and we might pick him up another sweater. He LOVES these things. We actually put the cat in his jogging suit to see what she would do and he started whining and getting into our lap whenever we picked up one of his outfits. He wanted to wear one of his outfits! lol
    Under Construction.....

Thanks

Take some pictures! I want to see that dog in a sweater!

Thanks

I second the picture request.
    Karen
    WAKARUSA 2011

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast