Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,236

1 members and 3,235 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,102
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Geezy99
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cancer.. again.

Thanks

cancer.. again.

I am very uspet and just want to type things out and vent a little. I found out tonight that my uncle (dad's brother) passed away from his lung and bone cancer today. It was just a few months ago that we even found out that he was sick. He was just out at our house in September, and at our wedding a month before that, and seemed to be just fine. I am so mad; he was only in his mid 50s; almost the same age as my dad (younger actually.) He led a very rough life full of drinking and drugs.. still there are those who do, that live to be 100..
    Cancer.. I can't stand it. It would take me forever to name the people I know and love that have either succombed to, are succombing to, or fought it yet fear its return. It saddens me to the bone to see a friend of mine, still at work, going through weekly chemo sessions that have robbed her of her hair and now even her fingernails. And my other friend at work underwent a hysterectomy due to uterine tumors. Yet my other friend underwent radiation therapy for breast cancer. On my team alone; that's three out of 6 of us that had/have it.
    This post I guess is more of a vent against cancer, and a place to vent if you want to. It just angers me that, in this age of astounding technology, cancer is not curable really. It could crop up even after someone goes into remission.. man am I upset now.
    -Jen. Back in the hobby after a hiatus!
    Ball pythons:
    0.1 normal; 1.1 albino. 1.0 pied; 0.1 het pied; 1.0 banana.

Thanks

Re: cancer.. again.

I lost my neibor to cancer a year this feb. A kid that I have known lost his 3-4th battle with cancer a few months ago. And my neibor lost to cancer just last year.we were close to both of them. I know how it feels. I haven't lost a familiy member to it thankfully. I will keep you, your uncle, and your family in my prayers. Sorry jen.

Thanks

I am sorry for your loss. Cancer is a horrible thing, it took my grandpa from me and we were very close. I would spend alot of time at his house growing up and we would go fishing and go to the local sporting goods store, out for ice cream, all kinds of stuff. He got terminal bone cancer and was dead within a couple of months. that was 4 years ago and I still think about him to this day. It seems to me that all the really nice, genuine people die of cancer. I cant wait till we find a cure and even if we do there are so many types! I dont understand why God allows things like this to happen.
    again, I am sorry for your loss.
    I'm not your friend buddy!

Thanks

Jen,
    My heart breaks for you. I watched my grandmother battle this horrible disease for almost 3 years before it finally took her. There are no words to describe the pain a family goes thru dealing with this. Just know you are not alone, you have many friends here who are just a call away if you need a shoulder.
    1.1 crazy dogs
    4.3 even crazier cats
    2.2 bps
    2.0 Off Track Thoroughbreds
    0.3 human kids
    1.0 Boyfriend who puts up with the craziness

Thanks

Thanks, I love you guys. I really feel the most for my cousins, his kids..
    The one thing i am glad about, is that he did not have to suffer too long. Even yesterday though, they said that he was in a good frame of mind and with-it. It is just something that is reminding me more of what is important in life now.. to live every day as if it were your last.
    Ball pythons:

Thanks

Aww Jen, I am sorry for your loss. Cancer is horrible, my Great Aunt died of Pancreatic Cancer.

He is in a much better place now, without pain.

((((((BIG HUGS)))))))
    Kristina Rogers
    http://www.myspace.com/kristinarogers
    1.0 Ball Python
    1.1 Crested Geckos
    1.0 Pastel BCI
    0.1 Beardie (Pop Tart)

VP of Cool
    Thanks

Sorry for your loss Jen. My deepest condolences.
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be ~ Lao Tzu

Thanks

Thanks. I am glad that he does not have to suffer more and that it is not dragging out. It does make me sad that he wanted to come back to NY for a visit this year; he loved it out here in the country, and did not want to leave our house. But in spirit I am sure that he'll be here, telling his crazy stories and drinking a beer
    Ball pythons:

Thanks

A teacher that my mom works with went and played violin to my neibor before he passed that day. They said he was just rocking away in his rocking chair smiling and happy, and he said I love you and that was his last words. Such a peacful way he went. God has reasons for everything!

Thanks

Sorry for your loss Jen.....I have had multiple family members die from various forms of cancer over the years and each one is devistating(sp?) to watch the person go through and to deal with. Atleast now you know that your uncle is no longer suffering and is in a better place. I will pray for your family
    -Lisa
    1.0.0 bp Zeke, 2.0.0 chihuahuas- Paco and Peanut, 2.0.0 cresties Chomper and Harley, 0.2.0 rat Snow and Baby 0.2.0 cats-Billie and Bell, 0.1.0 rose tarantula-Rosie,0.1.0 Leopard Gecko-Pebbles, RIP Speedy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast