Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,998

0 members and 2,998 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

computer-hating rant..

I am sorry but I HAVE to vent right now, and this is the only place I can do it. Have you ever wanted to HURL your computer out the window?? I DO right now!!! I can NOT get to Photobucket. Apparently my computer is stating the photobucket.com no longer exists. I am sure that this is false, but this complete hunka junk is saying so.
    Sorry, If I do not vent, this computer is going to be hurled out into the snow and I will have a very irate hubby when he comes home. But ARRGH am I heated right now! I hope that you at least got a chuckle at my expense.
    -Jen. Back in the hobby after a hiatus!
    Ball pythons:
    0.1 normal; 1.1 albino. 1.0 pied; 0.1 het pied; 1.0 banana.

Thanks

Re: computer-hating rant..

I found out 2 days ago that mine is outdated and can't be used for my school work. It is 3 yrs old. I have to try and update it somehow by monday to do assignments if I want to continue this class. I found out this class does ALL work on the computer!! I can't even turn in my homework without it.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blu Mongoose View Post
    I found out 2 days ago that mine is outdated and can't be used for my school work. It is 3 yrs old. I have to try and update it somehow by monday to do assignments if I want to continue this class. I found out this class does ALL work on the computer!! I can't even turn in my homework without it.
    I gotta ask what is it you don't have that they are telling you you have to use? 3 years old, despite what people tell you, is NOT outdated.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ginevive View Post
    I am sorry but I HAVE to vent right now, and this is the only place I can do it. Have you ever wanted to HURL your computer out the window?? I DO right now!!! I can NOT get to Photobucket. Apparently my computer is stating the photobucket.com no longer exists. I am sure that this is false, but this complete hunka junk is saying so.
    Sorry, If I do not vent, this computer is going to be hurled out into the snow and I will have a very irate hubby when he comes home. But ARRGH am I heated right now! I hope that you at least got a chuckle at my expense.
    Did you try restarting it? Or at least restarting your web browser?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bsd13 View Post
    I gotta ask what is it you don't have that they are telling you you have to use? 3 years old, despite what people tell you, is NOT outdated.
    My instructor is using a program called ednet thru the college. It requires windows2007, I have windows2003. Mine will not allow me access to the program, I believe to update it will cost about 3 hundred. I could use the lab computers, but I work sometimes till 1:30 am, I have to sleep and by the time I get rolling it is time for class. I can do assignments at night, but days will be almost impossible. I have been online with tech support as much as 2 hrs in the last 3 days.Hoping to get it resolved over the weekend.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ginevive View Post
    Lately I've been feeling the same at work. We upgraded to '07 and Vista . . . ugh. So many problems - not enough time for the IT gurus to fix all the problems, especially with Outlook.
    Alice

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." Herm Albright

Thanks

Any of you every had to use the program SAP? It'll make you take anger management classes...
    BT

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blu Mongoose View Post
    My instructor is using a program called ednet thru the college. It requires windows2007, I have windows2003. Mine will not allow me access to the program, I believe to update it will cost about 3 hundred. I could use the lab computers, but I work sometimes till 1:30 am, I have to sleep and by the time I get rolling it is time for class. I can do assignments at night, but days will be almost impossible. I have been online with tech support as much as 2 hrs in the last 3 days.Hoping to get it resolved over the weekend.
    lols, 2003 is pretty old there champ. XP alone is 3 years old...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BT41042 View Post
    Any of you every had to use the program SAP? It'll make you take anger management classes...
    BT
    We use SAP here at work, are we talking the command/line based? At least ours is lols

Thanks

I was up most of the night re-installing every program on my sisters laptop after I did a complete factory default reset of it. She had it so full of trojans I should have sent a copy of the hard drive to Guinness.

Buuuuut I'm one of those odd people who enjoy messing around with computers, taking them apart, upgrading them, repairing software, so I actually found it a little fun. hehe. Go ahead and hate me now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast