Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,774

2 members and 2,772 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,126
Threads: 248,569
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Stephendici
    Thanks

RESCUE. Had a question

Short and sweet.

Rescued a ball the other day with some crazy color going on. He's gotta be a morph of somesort. The girl didn't know it though!!

Was kept in a glass tank with limited heat and water available.

Anywho. He's got some retained eyecaps I'm gonna leave until he sheds next. But leaving the humidity around 60% to help out.

My question is. His temps and humidity are good. Plenty of water available. But he hasn't left his cool hide. No cruising at night. Nothing. I check on him to make sure he's allright. He is. And have kept disturbances to the most possible minimum.

But doesn't leave the cool side hide. Any one notice on a ball in a new home like this beng so shy? And inactive? He looks good other than that. Active when held when I was picking him up. Looks healthy.

Any input guys/gals?

Thanks

Re: RESCUE. Had a question

Well if you just got him it will take time to adjust, and he may be moving at night and you never see it. Some of mine are real inactive until super late like midnight or so. I would double check those warm side temps and make sure they are not to warm since that will keep them away. If you get a chance throw up some pics so we can see to!!
    1.1 pastel balls, 0.1 spider ball, 1.0 green tree python, 2.0 high yellow jungle carpets, 0.1 jaguar jungle carpet, 1.1 hypo-red group boa, 0.1 suriname boa, 1.0 ghost boa, 1.0 hypo boa, 1.0 anery boa, 1.0 red albino, 0.1 het red albino, 0.1 jungle het albino, 0.1 sunglow, 0.2 het albino, 1.1 proven DH snow, 0.1 het anery, 1.0 dh sunglow, 1.1 normal rtb.

Thanks

PICS PICS PICS

...everyone needs a little R&R

RuddockReptiles.com

Thanks

Oh warm temps are about 93. So good there.

He's just super super shy. I just can't remember if my other ball was the same way when I first got her. I want him to use his warm side. Especially since he was kept in a tank I know was too cold.

Ill post pics as soon as I can. Maybe this weekend when I feed him his weaned rat.

I'm thinking he's an axanthic. He's got a great color to him. Its like a grayish black color. Definetley not a normal!!! Not at all!!! I'm super stoked about this one

Thanks

IMHO I would leave him for at least a week and give him lots of privacy He may have been kept in too hot conditions and he's a little cooked He's enjoying the cool side. btw do you have two hides in there? good rescue! aww missed that too cold thing ....
    Repti-Rob

“Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.”
    W. C. Fields

1.1 VPI Axanthic BP (Jack&Samantha), 1.1 100% het for Jolliff Clown BP (Napoleon&Hathor),0.1 Pastel nerd line BP (Pascal),0.1 Pastel BP (no name),0.0.8 BP Hatchlings from my breedings, 0.1 Retic Python (she's about 12' right now) ,1.1 Kenya sand boas (Sandy&Dusty)
    1.0 Ring Tailed Lemur (Alexander) my baby boy

Thanks

I speak from slight experience here... Make sure the temps are really good and don't waver too much and then cover the tank all around for added privacy and leave him totally alone for a week (except for spot cleaning or water changes, but even then don't touch the hide he's in). No feedings or anything.

Rescues, especially those coming from bad husbandry situations, really need to be left alone to realize that their new home is safe and comfortable. And don't worry about him apparently not moving around; he's probably doing it when it's really dark and quiet. My little rescue seemed to not move from the cool side of his tank for the first 5 or 6 days I had him here, but once I did catch him slipping back over from the warm side when I peeked over the blanket to check temps.

Just leave him in a nice, quiet place with good cover and steady temps/humidity and he should be fine for feeding and MINIMAL handling after a week or so. And Kudos to you for helping him out!
    **Adriana - White 'N Nerdy!**

1.0 BP 'SunSpot', 0.1 Corn 'Freya', 1.0 IJ BTS 'Topaz', 1.0 ND bunny 'Licorice'

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chase13 View Post
    PICS PICS PICS
    Yea, let's see a pic!!
    1.0 Normal (Buddy)

Thanks

I'm gonna try and get some pictures up this weekend for sure! He's just settling in right now. And feeding day is tomorrow. I'm hoping he eats.

Keep checking this thread for pictures this weekend

Thanks

Did I miss a post? Is he gonna show any feeding response this early? Just wondering if it might stress him more trying to feed so soon? just my by the way rescue is a great thing! got some myself they tend to be the best ones!
    Repti-Rob

“Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.”
    W. C. Fields

1.1 VPI Axanthic BP (Jack&Samantha), 1.1 100% het for Jolliff Clown BP (Napoleon&Hathor),0.1 Pastel nerd line BP (Pascal),0.1 Pastel BP (no name),0.0.8 BP Hatchlings from my breedings, 0.1 Retic Python (she's about 12' right now) ,1.1 Kenya sand boas (Sandy&Dusty)
    1.0 Ring Tailed Lemur (Alexander) my baby boy

Thanks

Haha no you didn't miss anything. And no I didn't try and feed tonight if that's what you were thinking. I've got all my animals on a 7 day feeding regimen.

And fridays are feeding days