Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,339

1 members and 3,338 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910
    Thanks

Re: Colony Collapse - Food Tainted

Quote Originally Posted by lord jackel View Post
    I agree Ed 100%. Dr. Owens had it right...It is one thing to be cautious and watch for potential problems because a couple people have issue (Ed and I - and my only goal in posting my story originally) It is quite different to start making connections (where they don't really exist - as I said several times I DO NOT FEED MUZURI) that lead to people contacting a manufacturer claiming their product is bad (which isn't said anywhere in this thread).
    Thank you for trying to straighten the conclusions that were (unfortunately) "jumped to."

I for one think it is time for this thread to die.
    I agree.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Owens View Post
    So, the bottom line is this...Purina did not, in either situation, "import tainted grains."

Once again, I do not work for Purina, nor do I have any sort of affiliation with them. I simply hate to see disinformation, and ASSumptions being passed off as fact. It is a pet peeve.
    Okay, still have a problem with this response...

The disinformation? Please explain, what information was "made up" in this thread?

Where were any assumptions ever being passed off as fact?

It's great that you've been the herald of positive thinking in this entire thread (considering that the food scare was over at page 5)

You jumped in after all was 'almost' said and done to tell us we're fools for taking it a little more seriously than you'd like.

I still stand by the fact, that if Purina's name was being tossed around after Ed's post about his colony, we had every reason to contact them about it, if only to straighten things out.

Try to ease off the 'I told you so' when in light of the situation, you never brought us anything more concrete other than the chances were "slim at best" that both Ed and Sean got something of the same ingredients in both of their feeds.

It was a great idea, not like I hadn't thought about it and teased it, but trying to ease our concerns by telling us that we shouldn't 'jump to conclusions' (still, don't know how we did in this case) probably didn't come off as you had liked.

With as little information as was posted, even the most objective mind would find it difficult to not connect a few dots. At least, not until some other fact was brought forward to convince us otherwise. (i.e. The several emails and calls from Purina)

Again, very positive and thinking 'glass half full thoughts' towards the situation, even if it didn't have as much tact as it probably could have, it is okay to state what you think is important.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brimstone111888 View Post
    When I worked at pet stores Purina was one of the "garbage" food brands out there. With all this formaldehyde stuff, it definitely makes me want to stay FAR FAR away.

What I want to know is why formaldehyde was in there.
    I also hear lots of bad comments on Purina, which makes me feel uneasy to find out from this thread that they own Mazuri. Because I had consider Mazuri to be the best pet feeds in the market.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910