Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
I guess I would have hoped that we as a society have evolved beyond this kind of spectacle. Will people see this more as a punishment for those who break the rules or as an entertainment for the onlookers? My personal viewpoint remains that I see very little positive benefit for airing our dirty laundry in public. About the ONLY benefit that I see to this would be as a way for those of us that are not moderators or admins to judge for ourselves whether or not the new rules are being applied fairly across the board, but I'm unsure if that single benefit would outweigh the stigma of what amounts to being placed in a virtual pillory.

Mark
I see where your coming from Mark, i can only assume the reason behind it is to alert members of a repeat offender, so your less likely to involve yourself with them......total speculation and i could be completely wrong.

**hate to use this as an example, but just think about fauna, you see guys over there with bright red blocks, or warning! I really don't understand there rep system, but you get the idea that this person could potentially start a problem.