Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,624

1 members and 1,623 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,129
Threads: 248,573
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, KILLER112397
    Thanks

Non eating baby ate!!!!

I am proud to announce that my baby ball ate today, it took live to get him going, but he did it. i am so proud of him.! hes my little kaa. haha

Also i am getting my pastel from heathersherps tommoro!!!!!!!!!!! i am so excited! Also... 200 feeder mice coming in!
    and on friday, i get to make my first real rack! herpstat ND coming on sat. and flexwatt needed still. please some one help me out with that.

1.1 Normal Ball Kaa.Izzy
    1.0 Pastel Ball Baby Boy
    www.Logoes.biz

Thanks

Re: Non eating baby ate!!!!

Wow!

Somebody has been busy! Congratz on the successful feed, and more congratz on the new pickup, and MORE congratz (no more contratz for you!) on the rack system! It sounds super sweet!

Please post full pix when you get the time!

Thanks

Great that you got him to eat. I have one male that was hatched 9/07/07. He didnt start eating untill 12/03/07 He has now ate 4 times. Well good luck with him hope he stays eating for you.

Thanks

ReptileBasics.com, Rich will even wire it up for you. You can't go wrong.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by littleindiangirl View Post
    ReptileBasics.com, Rich will even wire it up for you. You can't go wrong.
    Ditto,

Rich is the man.
    ~*Rich
    1.0 100% Het Albino
    1.3 Normal
    1.0 Spider
    0.1 Mojave
    1.0 Pastel 100% Het Goldfinger
    0.1 Pastel 66% Het Goldfinger
    0.1 Pastel PH Goldfinger

Thanks

Also Kaa, I would suggest keeping him on live until he is routinely expecting food every 5 days. You know when they are on that schedule because they are cocked and loaded when ever you near their tub.

I think it would be easiest for him to switch over to F/T when he is expecting to be fed on that schedule.

Just some advice, hope everything continues to go well, and fatten that boy up!

Thanks

Id have to bring him in to the petshop down the street then every 5-7 daysbecause my mom... she hates the thought of a mouse dieing. i dont get her. she puts rodent poison in the house on the floors for the rodents in new england. but when it comes to a mouse eating a live one.... she doesnt want to have anything to do with it. i didnt tell he what i was doing in the pet store, i didnt want to make her feel sorry. i do feel sorry for the live mice, but its the food chain.
    I tried to describe the situation to her.i have a dead mouse. It was killed. previously, most likely. and the snake doesnt see the heat coming off or smell the rodent smell enough to be interested... so i told her... she doesnt rly like the taste of chicken, so if she was offered chicken for a meal. and was not as intelegent in some brain thinking was like we are, would she eat it? and she said "nope"
    i replied with "my point proven...." shell come around. what ill try is in 5 days ill try and feed him a white hopper. if he denys it, ill take him down to the pet shop and get him a live. if he doesnt, im in buisiness!

1.1 Normal Ball Kaa.Izzy
    1.0 Pastel Ball Baby Boy
    www.Logoes.biz

Thanks

There's no reason to take the snake with you to the reptile store. Who knows what kinds of diseases he could pick up, and the stress alone would stop him from eating anyway.

Just pick up a live medium adult mouse, take it home, and feed your snake when it's dark. I feed mine around 9-10pm with the light off(I look extremely silly feeding snakes with a flashlight in my mouth to see, but it works). Pre-Scent the room for about 30 minutes, drop the mouse in the snake's home on the opposite side, and close the lid. Works for me every time.
    --Becky--
    ?.? Normals, 1.0 100% Het Pied Classic Jungle, 1.0 Yellow Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Butterscotch Hypo, 0.1 100% Het VPI Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Yellow Hypo, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Yellowbellies, 0.1 YB Granite, 1.0 Black Pastel, 1.0 Lemon Pastel, 0.1 50% Possible Het Banded Albino, 0.1 Spider, 1.0 Fire, 0.2 Granite

Thanks

The whole chicken thing. A few years ago I got an email from a lady that lives about an hour away from me. They just passed a law in the city she lives in. Now they cant have any snakes over X feet. It was an albino burm 15 foot long like 12 years old. She wanted to find a good home for it. I was thinking about it, but decided I didnt have the room. I asked all kinds of questions about it. What it ate, what kind of cage, Does it come with a cage, How much, Well she told me she fed it F/T turkey legs a few a week. She would get them from the local meat shop. Now, is it healthy and all that? I dont know Im no vet

So with a ball you might be able to get it to eat a chcken leg or something like that. Not that I would, again not sure how good it would be for the animal and all that. Im just saying ive herd it done before with other types of snakes.