Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,230

1 members and 3,229 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,124
Threads: 248,568
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Rai
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Neighbors...from the land of loud

I live in an apartment building. And although I hate the building and the incredibly rude staff with a burning passion we are stuck here until June. All this time our neighbors haven't been bad, never a single problem with anyone.

Until recently

At first we thought it was the neighbors to the left of us since the noise is so very loud and clear...but it is not.

Our downstairs neighbors, in the apartment directly below us are so infuriatingly loud. As I type this I am hearing a country song (that I ONCE liked I might add) played over and over and over and over loud enough I can hear it in the shower, with my zune earphones in, in the bedroom with the fan on high, with the TV turned up to a comfortable level. I can in fact, recite the entire song.
    Last night we were woken up at 1 a.m due to.... you guess it, loud music. Followed by yelling, what sounded to me to be fighting or rough housing, followed by more yelling and finally 'OOGA OOGA OOGA OOGA OOGA'. Well, due to the possible fighting security told us they would do nothing when we called them so we got to call the police (911 for a noise complaint, no wonder REAL emergencies never get through). Cops came, woke up our neighbors in the apartment next door before we all came to realize the raucous was coming from downstairs...
    The police evidently talked to them because they were quiet MOST of today until now... The urge to jump up and down on their ceiling is great I tell you.

Now, some humor for the story. When the police officers came in to the apartment last night all was well for a few moments until one went "ma'am, I don't mean to alarm you but you have a LOT of snakes in your house" at this his partner lost all color in his face and practically ran out into the hall before going "dang man! I almost drew my gun!". We got a good chuckle and wished them well.
    They only saw my baby rack too.....

Thanks
    Thanked 2,356 Times in 1,377 Posts

Re: Neighbors...from the land of loud

Wow...I really feel for ya. I hope the next place works out better. Getting a single family detached? Or are you gonna try the apartment/townhome thing again? Good luck either way!
    Lucifer Sam, Siam cat...
    Always sitting by your side,
    Always by your side...
    That cat's something I can't explain...

Thanks

Years ago my neighbor come to an understanding about the meaning of quiet after I took up stomp dance lessons over his head. He refused to turn down his music, SSOOOO I started stomp dancing up to 2 hrs a night on hardwood floors above his head. After that all was quiet.
    Hey, I really got a workout. It was well worth it.

Thanks

Oh man, I wish I could do something like that for our downstairs neighbors... but they would probably think we were just dancing to their crappy heavy base noise (I don't call rap and Mexican alternative music).
    If I still had a stereo, I would do what I did to a former group of very loud neighbors and place the speakers face down on the floor, put in my favorite CD of Verdi's Requiem, set it to play the 'Dies Irae', and turn the volume all the way up. Worked great last time!

And now, the horrid noise from downstairs is even more annoying since it vibrates the walls and floor! I hate to imagine what my poor snakes are thinking.
    **Adriana - White 'N Nerdy!**

1.0 BP 'SunSpot', 0.1 Corn 'Freya', 1.0 IJ BTS 'Topaz', 1.0 ND bunny 'Licorice'

Thanks

Well evidently the cops visit didn't have an effect. The dang music is just as loud if not louder then before. Call security "oh the noise ordinance doesn't kick in until after 10 p.m." of course it doesn't seem to matter that we can bearly hear our own tv or ourselves think.

We went down to knock on their door to ask them to PLEASE knock it off. They refused to answer, I'm sure they could hear us as loud as my husband knocked.

The things I want to happen to these people are not suitable for this forum.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,111 Times in 629 Posts

Nothing worse than loud neighbours.

I loathe being invaded by music that is not my choice.

We once had a next door neighbour that was so loud, a DJ that had his speakers against our wall, that it shook paintings off our wall.

The seething contempt cannot be measured.

I completely feel for you.

bruce
    Praying for Stinger Bees

Thanks
    Thanked 1,111 Times in 629 Posts

Oh and best of all...

he was working on a remix of a song by DeBarge...

:

It played OVER and OVER and OVER again.

Praying for Stinger Bees

Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 888 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
    I live in an apartment building. And although I hate the building and the incredibly rude staff with a burning passion we are stuck here until June. All this time our neighbors haven't been bad, never a single problem with anyone.

Until recently

At first we thought it was the neighbors to the left of us since the noise is so very loud and clear...but it is not.

Our downstairs neighbors, in the apartment directly below us are so infuriatingly loud. As I type this I am hearing a country song (that I ONCE liked I might add) played over and over and over and over loud enough I can hear it in the shower, with my zune earphones in, in the bedroom with the fan on high, with the TV turned up to a comfortable level. I can in fact, recite the entire song.
    Last night we were woken up at 1 a.m due to.... you guess it, loud music. Followed by yelling, what sounded to me to be fighting or rough housing, followed by more yelling and finally 'OOGA OOGA OOGA OOGA OOGA'. Well, due to the possible fighting security told us they would do nothing when we called them so we got to call the police (911 for a noise complaint, no wonder REAL emergencies never get through). Cops came, woke up our neighbors in the apartment next door before we all came to realize the raucous was coming from downstairs...
    The police evidently talked to them because they were quiet MOST of today until now... The urge to jump up and down on their ceiling is great I tell you.

Now, some humor for the story. When the police officers came in to the apartment last night all was well for a few moments until one went "ma'am, I don't mean to alarm you but you have a LOT of snakes in your house" at this his partner lost all color in his face and practically ran out into the hall before going "dang man! I almost drew my gun!". We got a good chuckle and wished them well.
    They only saw my baby rack too.....
    I understand how you feel as we have a drunk worthless (you know the rest) downstairs and until i snapped on him they were very loud .Go figure the protector of the public scared of a few baby snakes
    Joe Haggard

Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 888 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
    Well evidently the cops visit didn't have an effect. The dang music is just as loud if not louder then before. Call security "oh the noise ordinance doesn't kick in until after 10 p.m." of course it doesn't seem to matter that we can bearly hear our own tv or ourselves think.

We went down to knock on their door to ask them to PLEASE knock it off. They refused to answer, I'm sure they could hear us as loud as my husband knocked.

The things I want to happen to these people are not suitable for this forum.
    Contact the owners and also let them know about the worthless security morons.Cmon till you move out
    Joe Haggard

Thanks

Oh the apartment managers know of these worthless slugs. Believe me. They started up and it's after 10 pm here. Security refused to do anything because they heard that they may have gotten aggressive last time someone confronted them so they told us we had to call 911 if we have any future problems with these people.

I'm going to attempt to sleep but I swear if I have to wake up and call the cops tonight heads will roll.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast