Quote Originally Posted by Reptilian View Post

The pics only load half way for me (I'm on dial up...), but how much do your adults weigh? Also how do you manage vet visits? If you need one of course. Do you just load them up in your truck or something or the your vet make house calls? Also how much food do they go thru a week?
The weight of the female is about 80 lbs and the male is about 60 lbs. Sulcata's are pretty hardy animals as long as you don’t let them get to cold. Large adult can handle 50 degree's for a night or 2, but one that's like 5 lbs can not handle the low temps. I just don’t take the chance and keep them warm in the winter. If I had to take them to the vet I would just load them in the truck and take them if they get to heavy you would just need 2 people to lift them. As far as the vet bill goes you just have to pay it. They get Hibiscus 3 times a week and they can eat. They also eat grasses, like orchard grass, Bermuda and other grasses. They love cactus and greens. I let them out in the lawn to eat also therefore I can not spray any chemicals of any kind out there. I buy orchard grass in 50 lb boxes from oxbow. The 3 I have can eat a 50 lb box in a month, plus all the other things I feed

Thanks Richard