Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,450

2 members and 3,448 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97

Thread: shed help

Thanks

shed help

my bp just recently got blue(eyes), then started to clear up, now starting to shed. i looked in the tank today and found some of his skin shed, hes only shed his head and part of the neck so far, what can i do to help it. ive searched and saw the tutorial, but just making sure, when i put him in something like that and put a lid on wont it suffocate it? thanks
    ~Evan
    0.0.1 Normal BP - Hades

Thanks

Re: shed help

luke warm water in the tub, and you can either put air holes in or only place them in it for a few minutes. Anything to increase the humidity will help rid the shed. It's like putting your snake in there very own little Sauna.

I have used it and it has worked well for me.

good luck
    you may also want to spray the back of the enclosure to help with the humidity
    www.srreptiles.com

Quality ball pythons and educational programs

Thanks

Mist him, use hot tap water in a lil spray bottle. I know what your thinking hot water is to hot, to us yes but once it comes out as a fine mist it is much cooler. I spray the snake and a good shot in there house and if its still there the next morning i hit them again and its all good after that. I normally catch mine once there eyes clear and start then and walla!!!
    1.1 pastel balls, 0.1 spider ball, 1.0 green tree python, 2.0 high yellow jungle carpets, 0.1 jaguar jungle carpet, 1.1 hypo-red group boa, 0.1 suriname boa, 1.0 ghost boa, 1.0 hypo boa, 1.0 anery boa, 1.0 red albino, 0.1 het red albino, 0.1 jungle het albino, 0.1 sunglow, 0.2 het albino, 1.1 proven DH snow, 0.1 het anery, 1.0 dh sunglow, 1.1 normal rtb.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

if your humidity levels within the tank are correct to begin with then you wont have to worry about removing retained sheds anymore. read up on how to keep humidity levels up within the tank and try it out. it works!

Thanks

If anyone here has a bad shed, I stick them in an appropriately sized(not bathtub) tub(or their tub in the rack), put about 1/2" warmish water in with a few paper towels for added friction, put the snake in, put lid on(or push tub into rack) and leave them for an hour or overnight if needed.

The shed comes off very easily with no stress to the snake. Hydrates them as well since they will likely drink when being soaked.

The key is heat and humidity.
    --Becky--
    ?.? Normals, 1.0 100% Het Pied Classic Jungle, 1.0 Yellow Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Butterscotch Hypo, 0.1 100% Het VPI Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Yellow Hypo, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Yellowbellies, 0.1 YB Granite, 1.0 Black Pastel, 1.0 Lemon Pastel, 0.1 50% Possible Het Banded Albino, 0.1 Spider, 1.0 Fire, 0.2 Granite

Thanks

i soaked him for a bit and got most of it off. ill let it be for now. there is a part of his shed on his nose, will it come off? its been like that for over 24 hours.
    ~Evan
    0.0.1 Normal BP - Hades

Thanks

I had a shed stuck on my male BPs face/eye (just a little bit, maybe 1 sq inch of skin), someone told me to put him in a moist pillowcase (then place him back in his tank, so it wouldn't get too cold).. After about 10 min the moisture and him rubbing around the pillowcase got the shed off and he looked great!