Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,735

4 members and 2,731 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,137
Threads: 248,586
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, masdiprizio

Hybrid View

Thanks

Re: New Rack Complete

Glad to see that this thread has been so useful. My Rack has been taken apart and moved 3 or 4 times still a great rack. The bottom row tubs are alittle tight sliding the tubs in and out, do to slight sag.
    Richard Go Red Wings
    Ball Pythons
    0.5 Normals
    1.0 Pastel
    1.1 Het Albino
    1.0 50% Pos Het Pied
    1.0 Spider

Thanks

Hi thanks for such a great thread

I have plans to build a rack and this has really helped but i have one question please.

My rack will be smaller as at the moment i only have a 6 month old Corn and a 15 month old BP. Can i build a rack like this that will house different sized rubs for varying age and sized snakes???

If you have different sized rubs can you build different height shelves to accommodate them and maintain the correct temps by placing a smaller rub either further back towards the heat source or further forward to reduce the hot end temp ? Or as corns and Bp's have different ranges would it have to be 2 completely seperate racks?

Or would i just have to have more thermostats to control the temps for each size rub ?

Thanks

paul

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by totalturnaround View Post
    Hi thanks for such a great thread

I have plans to build a rack and this has really helped but i have one question please.

My rack will be smaller as at the moment i only have a 6 month old Corn and a 15 month old BP. Can i build a rack like this that will house different sized rubs for varying age and sized snakes???

If you have different sized rubs can you build different height shelves to accommodate them and maintain the correct temps by placing a smaller rub either further back towards the heat source or further forward to reduce the hot end temp ? Or as corns and Bp's have different ranges would it have to be 2 completely seperate racks?

Or would i just have to have more thermostats to control the temps for each size rub ?

Thanks

paul
    You can make each level whatever the height you need for the tubs you are using in that level. if you had two thermostats you could make the top levels one temp and the bottom levels another temp. you can always change the heights of the levels at a later date, you just take it apart and put it back together at whatever level you need for you new tubs.
    Richard Go Red Wings
    Ball Pythons
    0.5 Normals
    1.0 Pastel
    1.1 Het Albino
    1.0 50% Pos Het Pied
    1.0 Spider

Thanks

Hey Half dawg, I just wanted to say thank you for the post and the design ideas. I am currently in the process of buying the materials. It's gonna take me a little while as I am on a bit of a tight budget. I just picked up two of the melamine boards today. Baby Step #1 taken. lol!! At any rate, I will be using 28qt. tubs for the top two levels, and 41qt. tubs for the other three levels. Thanks again, for the info and helpful ideas.