Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,451

2 members and 3,449 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mia Bella

Thanks

Mia Bella

I can't believe I forgot to introduce our new dog, Bella. It's funny how things work out. I was talking to my husband a month or so ago about my "perfect" dog. I told him I'd love to own another Labrador specifically a female, not a young puppy, but not a really older dog, and since I've always had black Labs I'd love a really light yellow one, almost white in fact.

2 weeks later he comes home from work and hands me a phone number with the comment, "hon I think I just found your dream dog". Well she is a dream and she's ours! Meet Bella, a 10 month old female yellow Lab who needed a home. She's up on her shots, fully house trained, came with a lovely large kennel and the basics of her obedience training done....I'm in Labrador love!

Bella and her ducky....

She loves to go in and wake Mikey up with doggie slobber kisses then hop in bed with him to watch morning cartoons before school....

Big tongue = BIG slobbery Lab kisses....

Her favorite spot on "her" end of the couch.....

Uh uh the couch grabbed her and made her take a nap! ....

My favorite picture of her so far.....who wouldn't love that face!....
    ~~Joanna~~

BPnet Veteran recycling goddess's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Mia Bella

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i love the napping on the couch one LOL

what a lucky dog... i'd love to come back as one of your critters!!!

i wish you many happy years with bella!
    in light, Aleesha

You have 1440 minutes a day... how are you going to spend yours?

Thanks

Very cute... interesting face on her, almost reminds me of a Great Dane.
    -Diana

Support Captive Breeders
    http://www.lunarboids.com

Thanks

Thanks Leeshie, she's very well loved but also being started on some very firm rules. She's been allowed to be a bit of a brat by her previous owners so I'm working daily with her on what is allowed and what isn't. She knows basic obedience, just was allowed to jump and demand attention from them. Thankfully though Labs generally are so eager to bond and work with people that she's picking up the new rules with ease.

She has a neat head Diana. One thing I haven't liked over the recent years is the trend for breeders to go with big blocky square heads on Labs. Bella's a purebred but unpapered, just a home breeding (her mom is a black Lab, her dad is a yellow Lab). She's got a finer head though has a lot more jowl than I saw on my other two female Labs. Silly thing will get over excited chewing on her new Kong toy and nip her own lips...I shouldn't laugh but it sort of funny how confused she looks....

"hey did this toy just bite me back!!!!" LOL
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

She's a pretty girl! I was wondering when you'd get around to posting about her!

Interestingly enough, I love the block heads on labs - not overly so, but I like the look of a nice solid head on them.

I know she's been a real doll for you and I know how in love you've fallen with her. Sounds like she's a perfect fit for you guys!

Thanks

We're just in love with her Robin. It's like she was meant for us really, she's slipped that easily and fully into our lives. Labs have always been my favorite breed so I'm thrilled to have one in my home again.

Oh funny story. Apparently Bella knows how to turn doorknobs to open doors. She regularily goes on her rat patrol rounds. She'll get up and head off to the ball python/rat room. She never bothers with the snakes but goes around, very seriously and sniffs each rat enclosure, peering in through the mesh to check on her charges LOL. I've no idea why but apparently Bella gave herself this twice daily job.

The hilarious part is most of the rats could care less but some of the big males will bounce at her and try to back her up from their enclosure. She just huffs at them and moves on....nothing stops Miss Bella on her appointed rat rounds.
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

Bella is beautiful! I just love labs. We have a chocolate that is a doll.

I know what you mean about rat patrols. Our lab always wants to go out to the snake/rat room with me each morning when I feed the rats. She, more than any of our other dogs, watches the rats with interest. She has also brought me 2 presents from our backyard. Yep, 2 wild rats she caught for me and deposited on my living room floor. I didn't realize labs were ratters!
    Alice

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." Herm Albright

Thanks

Oh heaven's Alice! Were they alive or dead? LOL

Well if you think about it, Labs are supreme retreivers. Your chocolate probably figured..."hey some of mama's rats got loose out here! I'll just bring em back home to her!"

Pics Alice, I want pics! I love chocolates, blacks, yellows and have you seen the fox red labs....to die for.

Heck I'll just start a new thread for Lab pics LOL.
    http://www.ball-pythons.net/forums/s...ad.php?t=58008
    Last edited by frankykeno; 12-27-2007 at 08:13 AM.
    ~~Joanna~~

BPnet Veteran recycling goddess's Avatar
    Thanks

jo our new little kayla has slipped effortlessly into our lives as well... like she was meant to be here... so i understand you feelings on this one.
    in light, Aleesha

You have 1440 minutes a day... how are you going to spend yours?

Thanks

Thanks Leeshie. I think some breeds and some dogs in particular are just meant to be with certain families. I'm glad to hear yours is doing so well.
    ~~Joanna~~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast