Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,452

2 members and 3,450 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: What kind is this?

Ridley, your responce is not needed. Im glad you find your self above some of us here. Its hard to offend me and you have not but the direction you are headed with putting down the members here upsets me. Is there a reason you must say things like this?

if you cant afford to take care of it, dont get it

Thanks

Ridley, it's perfectly within your right as a member of this site to disagree with anything you read here. That's a given. That you feel the need to use derogatory terms and dismiss anyone based on their age or to use assumed age as some sort of insult is beneath any adult, especially one that wants to hold himself up as an educated person.

I have teenagers, Ridley. Mine were taught by me to have far better manners than you've shown in this thread. Think about that when you use your temper and ego before engaging that educated brain of yours.
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ridley View Post
    I don't respond here very often for a few reasons.....(well, for that matter even visit very often)

First is the juvenile remarks from prepubescent teens when anything contradicting analistic tendencies they have regurgitated incesantly is posted.....

Secondly, like the few adults here I have a real JOB and FAMILY, and have better things to do than hang out with said " expert" teens......

Thirdly, though snakes are cool, I am much more into firearms collecting, tactical rifle matches, hunting, fishing, and atv racing/riding.......

Fourthly, besides the pictures which is the only reason i joined this forum, there is absolutely NOTHING new posted here. It's just the same questions over, and over, and over.......

So with that being said, I'll let the little kiddies have the last say and go back to looking at the pics once a month.
    You know nothing about this forum if that's what you gather out of being here. We are like a family; we know each other's spouses' and kids' names. We exchange pics of our families, friends, and snakes.
    So you see the same question a few times. If it weren't for people asking their questions outright, why even Have a forum? We could have a big, generic, all-encompassing online bible of snake info for everyone to go to automaton-style and get generic info. That's not the idea. I see it as a place that people who have actually lived and gone through experiences with these animals, can help those who are learning. Teenagers, you say? In a derogatory fashion? Heh.. there are some teens out there that I'd rather trust anyday of the week with my animals, compared to ignoramus "adults" out there who chose never to grew past the name-calling, bashing mental age of 6.
    Believe me; my life is busy. I work fulltime, am the sole caretaker of a slew of animals that range from frogs to horses. Do cages, stalls, or tubs get a tad dirty? Abso-flippin-lutely. Do I let them fall into deplorable fecal baths? NO. And if someone does let this happen, repetitively, I lose any iota of respect for that person and only hope that they are re-incarnated as a neglected rabbit in a foot-square cage in 120-degree heat with a negligent owner.
    -Jen. Back in the hobby after a hiatus!
    Ball pythons:
    0.1 normal; 1.1 albino. 1.0 pied; 0.1 het pied; 1.0 banana.

Thanks

Ridley: Your adolescent comments almost made me ashamed to be a biology major, focusing on exotics, preparing to run if not own a refuge and educational center. If that is how people with supposed degrees in the field are acting these days...

I think Ginevive put it quite well. There are slews of teens, and pre-teens, who have done more research and know more about reptiles than most of the adults I've met. In no way does age determine ability to give accurate and intelligent advice. The fact that things are repeated here over and over can get a little tiring, but when you realize that the questions being asked are important ones, asked by sometimes panicky new snake owners who don't think about the search function because they are worried about their pet, most people would be honored to answer again and again.

The whole point of a forum is to give new and old owners alike a place to gather with others of similar interest, share stories and experiences, and HELP OTHERS. Yes there are a lot of young people here...but that's good! It means that more and more young people are interested in learning proper care for some amazing animals that get the shaft more often than not because of ignorance. These young members are the future of reptile keeping! Inevitably, there will be some immature and bullyish ones in the mix, but that can happen anywhere.

Information gets regurgitated because it works or nothing else has been brought to light to replace it.
    **Adriana - White 'N Nerdy!**

1.0 BP 'SunSpot', 0.1 Corn 'Freya', 1.0 IJ BTS 'Topaz', 1.0 ND bunny 'Licorice'

Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 888 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joepythons View Post
    Ok i have a direct question for Allen.In a direct email to you from myself your response was that you suspected IBD and had BLOOD WORK done.In that same message you said everyone disliked you because you are a "souther boy".Why are you constantly changing the reasons you think no one likes you? It has to be either one or the other.Whats the next excuse? One more thing i will point out that you openly messed up in my opinion.You stated that you had a university do BLOOD work correct? In my understanding you CAN NOT diagnose IBD thru blood work.It can only be ruled out or in thru a neocropsy(not sure if spelled correctly lol).In that same letter you also stated it might have been in your wholesell collection.So maybe it was transfered to your other collection by one of the snakes being added to your "million dollar" collection .Either way the proof is in the pudding as they say and your pudding contains spoiled milk .If anyone would like to read this letter i am speaking of in this post please follow this link and read page 5 post 25 . http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ghlight=Daddys
    In your post on fauna you stated you told people to stay out of it.Now you come here and say they are "afraid to stick their necks out".Which on is it? Allen i think you need to set down and get your story straight before you get a headache .
    Allen i dont want you to missout answering my questions here
    Joe Haggard

Thanks

I didn't read through this whole thread... but I would like to say that's the most bright yellow bedding I've ever seen!
    -Diana

Support Captive Breeders
    http://www.lunarboids.com

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    I didn't read through this whole thread... but I would like to say that's the most bright yellow bedding I've ever seen!
    Diana you did not miss much .
    Joe Haggard

Thanks

Thumbs down Re: What kind is this?

Allen i see you were here yesterday and maybe missed replying to my questions above this post.I think we deserve answers to these questions.
    Joe Haggard

Thanks

Thumbs down Re: What kind is this?

Allen i see you were here yesterday and maybe missed replying to my questions above this post.I think we deserve answers to these questions.
    Well Allen responded to my pm to himself asking for the answers to my above questions.I guess its no shock that he failed to openly respond here .He stated(i will save the pm if anyone needs to read it) that since i know the answers to my questions he needs not to respond.So i guess i proved that Allen is not to be trusted nor take any chances buying anything from him .So who needs to go to his place when all the proof we need is right here to stay and of course on faunaclassifieds .
    Joe Haggard

Thanks

Curious to where in Georgia his facility is at??? I live in Northern Georgia. I am willing to go look and see for myself....
    Stephanie

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast