Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,211

0 members and 3,211 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: My Snake Has a Lump...

I know that both Jade and Onyx did not show any interest in constricting their FT prey. Jade was given live, and so we are currently trying to go back to FT, but she did the same thing. Grab the rat while on the tongs gently and start swallowing. lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by littleindiangirl View Post
    I know that both Jade and Onyx did not show any interest in constricting their FT prey. Jade was given live, and so we are currently trying to go back to FT, but she did the same thing. Grab the rat while on the tongs gently and start swallowing. lol
    Maybe some bloods are just chillaxed like that, haha! Glad to hear mine isn't the only one. We'll see how he reacts to his food offering next Sunday! It'll be 3 weeks since he's eaten so I would think he'd be getting pretty hungry by then!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy99CL View Post
    Thats great to hear!

Do you have an updated picture of Jelly? We wanna see the unlumped jelly...
    Here ya go! The lump is still there but the vet said it's just stretched tissue...and that it should eventually go away. He's definitely empty now!

http://www.ball-pythons.net/gallery/...illaxin002.jpg
    http://www.ball-pythons.net/gallery/...illaxin004.jpg
    http://www.ball-pythons.net/gallery/...illaxin007.jpg
    http://www.ball-pythons.net/gallery/...lliaxin009.jpg

Thanks

A looker!!! I can't wait for my boys colors to come in. He's about a year old I think I've put him at. With NO reds coming in yet.

Thanks

looking at the updated pic didnt see much diff but after comparing your prev pics, your doing a good job! keep it up. i trhink i see a smile by jelly.
    -Linh
    0.1 Sumatran Stp
    1.0 Pastel BP

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy99CL View Post
    looking at the updated pic didnt see much diff but after comparing your prev pics, your doing a good job! keep it up. i trhink i see a smile by jelly.
    Thanks! Yes, the lump is there but a bit smaller as well as the overall tail end. I noticed he is now able to move his tail end freely...whereas before defacating he could barely move it at all. As well, he is quite a bit lighter after dropping those loads the past few weekends, haha!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2kdime View Post
    A looker!!! I can't wait for my boys colors to come in. He's about a year old I think I've put him at. With NO reds coming in yet.
    Never know with these guys! Like you, I can't wait until they get a year or two older and fully develop their colors!

Thanks

Well my guy just pooped after 4 months. No joke like a freakin 12 inch turd. It was rediculous!! And dropped about 300 grams in weight.

Like yours he's now moving a lot more. With more ability to contort. But now he's also got a lot of stretched tissue. Did your vet say how long it would take for it to go back to normal?

How's yours doing?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2kdime View Post
    Well my guy just pooped after 4 months. No joke like a freakin 12 inch turd. It was rediculous!! And dropped about 300 grams in weight.

Like yours he's now moving a lot more. With more ability to contort. But now he's also got a lot of stretched tissue. Did your vet say how long it would take for it to go back to normal?

How's yours doing?
    Haha...glad to hear he finally let go! At least he did it on his own! Like your guy, Jelly feels quite a bit lighter now. Amazing, eh?!

Unfortunately, my vet didn't mention specifically how long it would take nor did she say 100% for sure it would go back to normal. I'm just hoping, as Jelly's case involved a specific area which was abnormally stretched, that no internal nerve damage was done...and of course that the area does shrink back to normal over time. I really can't do too much at this point but to be patient and wait to see. As your instance involves what seems to be a more natural case of stretching, I would think you should have no worries in that your boy will return back to "normal" size.

Perhaps others can share their experiences and knowledge of blood "stretching" for us as well!

Thanks

I know this is quite an old thread but I was having a problem with my blood having hard urates. After reading this thread I soaked my blood in about a foot of water. I pulled him out to massage him a bit and ended having to run to the toilet so that he didnt drop three huge urates on my carpet. Now hopefully he will poop on his own. Thanks everyone who put in info on this thread.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast