Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,236

3 members and 3,233 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: My Snake Has a Lump...

Quote Originally Posted by littleindiangirl View Post
    Kara has said that some bloods are extra picky about fresh water. Perhaps giving him fresh water everymorning will help him in the case he is dehydrated. good luck, I am on the edge of my seat for the results.
    Thanks for the suggestion! Jelly always has a ton of water available at all times...but it's mainly changed once a week. I'll try changing his water everyday for the next little while and see if that makes a difference!

Thanks

I would gently palpate the affected area....basically all you do is slide the snake's enclosure so there is an opening big enough to crawl down into. Place the snake's head just inside so he sees his way back in an starts to move. Place your hand in such a way that your thumb runs along the back of his spine and your other 4 fingers run along his belly. As he moves, gently squeeze your hand shut so the snake has to flatten himself slightly to move through. Basially the same way you'd feel for follicles. Again, be gentle, repeat a couple of times, and you might get things moving.
    -Brad

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dvas_Romeo View Post
    Haha...you guys are too much...but I'm very happy you're sincerely concerned about Jelly as well!

I took Jelly to the vet tonight and after having an x-ray, the vet confirmed Jelly's just full of - you know what - and that's what the lump is. He suggested I swim him a few minutes each of the next few nights as well as soaking him (which I've done a few days of the last 3 weeks). We'll touch base this Saturday and if Jelly hasn't released some of this waste by then, the doc said he will need to give Jelly an enema because Jelly's just so full that it's causing that lump!

Better than something worst. All I say is better be prepared with a big garabage bag! And some cleaning gloves!
    -Linh
    0.1 Sumatran Stp
    1.0 Pastel BP

Thanks

Well it's good to hear that it's not a rock hard urate! Keep us posted on the massages and daily swimmings

Thanks

Awww poor lil guy hope he does his buisness soon and releives that lump. Too bad your not closer you could always hand him to my niece not sure what it is but every snake we hand her decides its a nice time to go!
    Sin~

Thanks

Yes, I'm also relieved to know it's not a hard urate that's preventing him from "going" and/or parasites, etc. Though I did spend a fortune on his checkup and x-ray last night...part of it is also being able to wake up each morning and not wondering if the big guy is still breathing...so the peace of mind it brought is priceless. He didn't let go during last night's swim session in lukewarm water and soaking sessino...so will attempt once again tonight! But man, he doesn't seem to like swimming...thrashing everywhere, bumping into the side of the tub...!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by elevatethis View Post
    I would gently palpate the affected area....basically all you do is slide the snake's enclosure so there is an opening big enough to crawl down into. Place the snake's head just inside so he sees his way back in an starts to move. Place your hand in such a way that your thumb runs along the back of his spine and your other 4 fingers run along his belly. As he moves, gently squeeze your hand shut so the snake has to flatten himself slightly to move through. Basially the same way you'd feel for follicles. Again, be gentle, repeat a couple of times, and you might get things moving.
    I'll try incorporating this movement when massaging his rear end during his soak tonight. OK, now that sounds funny... o_O

Thanks

The water your using might be too hot or too cold for him.

83 to 87 degrees. I usually just fill a plastic tub up with water that feels SLIGHTLY cool to the touch.
    And your swimming him right? Filling your tub or whatever your putting him in to a foot deep. And then letting him swim around?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2kdime View Post
    The water your using might be too hot or too cold for him.

83 to 87 degrees. I usually just fill a plastic tub up with water that feels SLIGHTLY cool to the touch.
    And your swimming him right? Filling your tub or whatever your putting him in to a foot deep. And then letting him swim around?
    Yes, that's exactly it! I measured the temp of the water and put him in a foot deep water.

Thanks

Just for those hardcore ones out there who like to hear all the details, hehe...I sketched out how the x-ray showed the current layout of the backlog. At the present it basically looks like 2 separate huge pieces.

http://www.ball-pythons.net/gallery/...nsideJelly.JPG

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast