Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,813

2 members and 1,811 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,124
Threads: 248,568
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Rai
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Cat with smelly poo issues...

They took some blood, took a few x-rays and wanted to do an ultra sound tested but will wait till tomorrow, also they tested a fecal sample I brought in and they decided that they are keeping her over night. >.< They want to see for themselves what she is doing in the litter box.

Other then that they said she looks to be in great health. So I'm crossing my fingers whatever is wrong with her is fixable.
    ---=ALLISON=---
    "Not everyone is going to agree or listen to what you say but I have learned to do my best to educate and hope they listen in the long run. Just keep trying to educate. There will be people out there that actually do listen and learn. -Me"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lillyorchid View Post
    They took some blood, took a few x-rays and wanted to do an ultra sound tested but will wait till tomorrow, also they tested a fecal sample I brought in and they decided that they are keeping her over night. >.< They want to see for themselves what she is doing in the litter box.

Other then that they said she looks to be in great health. So I'm crossing my fingers whatever is wrong with her is fixable.

seems already better than your old Vet! good luck allison! I know those pockets are screaming right now, hold on girl!
    "Why do you need so many snakes?"
    "Why do you need so many shoes?"

Thanks

Wow. I hope that it turns out ok for her, and that you get answers. I wanted to say, you're a great owner for supporting her through all of this.. there are too many "owners" out there who would not be willing to do that and would probably just adopt her out or surrender her without disclosing her issues. I wish you all luck!
    -Jen. Back in the hobby after a hiatus!
    Ball pythons:
    0.1 normal; 1.1 albino. 1.0 pied; 0.1 het pied; 1.0 banana.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ginevive View Post
    Wow. I hope that it turns out ok for her, and that you get answers. I wanted to say, you're a great owner for supporting her through all of this.. there are too many "owners" out there who would not be willing to do that and would probably just adopt her out or surrender her without disclosing her issues. I wish you all luck!
    I agree 100%

Good luck to your kitty, I hope they find out what is causing all this, and that it isn't something serious.

Can't wait for an update!
    Kristina Rogers
    http://www.myspace.com/kristinarogers
    1.0 Ball Python
    1.1 Crested Geckos
    1.0 Pastel BCI
    0.1 Beardie (Pop Tart)

Thanks

I no longer know who to turn to or what I can do for my cat named Peeker. Since she was a kitten she has had the worst diarrhea, and worst smelling poo I've ever seen come from a cat. She's now a year and a half old and has been switched from all kinds of foods from prescription foods to cheap junk foods to high quality expensive foods to raw. She has been tested for worms and other bugs along being put on antibiotics to see if that would help. Nothing has helped her at all. 98% of the time she had liquid diarrhea that smells so bad it will make you gag and clear out of the room. The other 2% of the time she has "normal" poo that doesn't smell as bad but still is bad smelling for a cat.

Like I said this has been going on for well over a year now and I've always just put up with it and clean out the litter box as much as I can daily. Now that I live in a finished basement of a house that we rent with 3 other room mates, they now are starting to get tired of having the entire basement smell of the cats poo & litter box. Like I said I clean it as much as I can daily and change out the little every 3 or 4 days, but there is always still a bad oder. My roommates are growing tired of the smell and keep telling me to "do something about it". I've tried everything I can think of with different foods and taking her to the vet and getting my vet in on it too. It's just that nothing ever seems to work or help her out. I know the entire basement smells of her and she too stinks just like the litter box. I give her a bath at least once a week because she smells so bad. I no longer know what to do and I know it's coming down to my roommates wanting me to get rid of her, but that just isn't going to be a option.

Has anyone ever seen or heard of this. Have you had a cat with issues like this? If so WHAT DID YOU DO?!
    I need some help, my vet has pretty much given up and just tells me that she has a super sensitive stomach and I'm just going to have to live with a stinky cat and litter box.

I thought this was normal. My kitten is 5 months and can clear a room with her poo. She doesn't habe that diarrhea problem, only a blue moon.

Thanks

Peeker is back home now and I still don't have any answers as to what is wrong with her.
    They wanted to do an ultra sound on her, but I declined since they already took a few x-rays on her and nothing was out of the normal and the vet said an ultra sound won't show to much more then a xray. They *think* it may be IBD (inflammatory bowel disease) but can't be for sure that is the case unless they do surgery on her and do a biopsy on her colon & intestine. I asked what else we could do before having to do that to her since I truly do not trust vets since I've lost a few very much loved pets from them messing up, so putting her in surgery will be the last thing I do. He said that he'd like to see her be put on a hypoallergenic diet to see if that helps her out. I told him that I'd like to take that route first and he agreed and ordered me a bag of Eagle Pack Holistic Select® Anchovy, Sardine & Salmon Meal Formula and ordered me a thing of Digestive Remedy called Holistic Solution that is supposed to help cats with stomach problems. So I have to go pick them up on Tuesday when they come in.

So I'm crossing my fingers that this food and powder work for her!!!
    ---=ALLISON=---
    "Not everyone is going to agree or listen to what you say but I have learned to do my best to educate and hope they listen in the long run. Just keep trying to educate. There will be people out there that actually do listen and learn. -Me"

Thanks

i hate to hear things like that goin on with your cat hope everything turns out all right.
    but till you find out whats wrong i'd use lots of baking soda in the litter, a hooded box with flap door and put it in a room vented to the outdoors, the poop will still smell but wont travel the whole house
    "So far this is the oldest that I've been"
    'If you can make it through the nite, there's a brighter day'
    "I'm out the game, put the 2nd string in."
    "live with the pain and keep trying or die knowing you never gave anything a chance"
    "Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside while still alive"
    "No one can take away your dreams"

People for the Ethical Treatment of Agriculture

Thanks

It never stops it seems. So far Peeker is doing well on the food and no more runs as of yet since lastnight.

Now this morning I wake up to Peekers eye being glued shut with puss and my kittens eyes are all runny, along with her nose dripping and she can't stop sneezing.

I could scream! I bet you Peek picked up some kind of illness at the vet while she was then now both of my cats are sick. ARGH!

Off we go to the vet again tomorrow. I'm NOT happy.
    ---=ALLISON=---

Thanks

Allison, its very possible that you are just feeding her cat food with a higher protein content which could be contributing to the extra potency ^_-

I noticed this when my two boys were younger, and changing foods ( gradually as changing food suddenly can upset their stomachs) made a big difference.

Also, are you feeding wet or dry food? maybe a mix? Less wet food for kittens if you want a more friendlier stink....

Thanks

It never stops it seems. So far Peeker is doing well on the food and no more runs as of yet since lastnight.

Now this morning I wake up to Peekers eye being glued shut with puss and my kittens eyes are all runny, along with her nose dripping and she can't stop sneezing.

I could scream! I bet you Peek picked up some kind of illness at the vet while she was then now both of my cats are sick. ARGH!

Off we go to the vet again tomorrow. I'm NOT happy.
    Sounds like it could be a respiratory infection.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast