Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,026

2 members and 1,024 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,136
Threads: 248,585
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, dangereux
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1 day to go!

Thanks

Talking 1 day to go!

Hi everybody,

Tomorrow is the big day of the expo! I can’t wait. I’ve been in contact with several of the breeders who will be in attendance to make informal introductions and to preemptively ask some questions; I’ve printed a layout of the booths and marked off everybody I want to hit first; I’ve printed the list of questions to ask in person so many of you wonderful people gave me pointers on (here); I’ve got my future-snake's setup all ready for him, minus a few items I’ll buy at the expo, which are noted on a carefully detailed list; I narrowed down a few morphs I can fit into my budget; and I spent last night reading the care-sheet several times (again), as well as scouring the web for more tips and info. Oh, and I already picked the perfect name!

I think I’m as ready as I can get. *deep breath*

Now I just have to meet the perfect snake!

I guess I'm writing this to ask for any last-minute advice of any and all sorts. It would be appreciated! (Oh man, why can’t I slip into a 24-hour coma and wake up in time to go to the expo? This waiting is killing me!)

*Rubs temples and chants, ‘calm blue ocean, calm blue ocean’*
    Last edited by NightLad; 11-17-2007 at 10:16 AM.

Thanks

Re: 1 day to go!

Haha, I know the feeling From all the readiness it sounds like you'll be a great daddy What morphs/gender are you interested in?
    1.0 Normal (Buddy)

Thanks

good luck!! if nothing else have a great time and keep your eyes open. remember to pick up breeders buisness cards in case you want to wait till after the show to get something (ya know.. if they have a spider but it isnt exactly what your looking for and they dont bring them all kinda deal) just a thought.. and if all else fails you can always call Adam and see what he can do for you next year.. im not sure what he has left this season

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hammerhead View Post
    Haha, I know the feeling From all the readiness it sounds like you'll be a great daddy What morphs/gender are you interested in?
    Mojave , Pinstripe and Cinnamon... maybe a pastel. Those are what I've narrowed it down to based on price and aesthetics, judging from online pictures. However, I'm keeping my mind open for whatever might be in attendance at the expo. When I see the right one for me, I'll know it!

I want a male, mostly for the smaller size. Also, I have a tendency to refer to animals as 'guys', and I would want to offend a lady.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NightLad View Post
    Mojave , Pinstripe and Cinnamon... maybe a pastel. Those are what I've narrowed it down to based on price and aesthetics, judging from online pictures. However, I'm keeping my mind open for whatever might be in attendance at the expo. When I see the right one for me, I'll know it!

I want a male, mostly for the smaller size. Also, I have a tendency to refer to animals as 'guys', and I would want to offend a lady.
    Keep us updated on how it goes and how the prices were. I definitely want to get another BP, and it's kinda funny cause me and you have the same taste. The morphs I really want are Mojave, Spider and Pinstripe and maybe a Ghost or one of the brighter BPs.
    1.0 Normal (Buddy)

Thanks

Yeah Im going to that expo. I'm meeting up with Peter. Maybe we should all meet up. I'm a little bummed I can't work there though. Usually I work for Randalls Reptiles for Co-op. Ehh whatever. Maybe I'll see you there. PM me if you wanna meet up and talk snakes.
    Mitch
    Mitch

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyB View Post
    good luck!! if nothing else have a great time and keep your eyes open. remember to pick up breeders buisness cards in case you want to wait till after the show to get something (ya know.. if they have a spider but it isnt exactly what your looking for and they dont bring them all kinda deal) just a thought.. and if all else fails you can always call Adam and see what he can do for you next year.. im not sure what he has left this season
    More great advice, thanks Ashley! Since I'm Canadian I want to try to get a local snake, if possible, to avoid the extra $350+ S&H fees, and that does not count customs taxes. Plus, I've had horrible experiences buying non-living things from the US and getting them into the country safely... not sure I'm up for developing a ulcer hoping my snake doesn’t get 'lost' or 'stalled'.

I've actually spoken to some really good US breeders here that have been immensely helpful. You're lucky in the US; you have SO many fantastic people to choose from. I'm quite lucky insofar as living in Ontario where there are several highly reputable Canadian breeders, but the selection of breeders isn't (yet) what you have down south. Maybe one day!

Thanks

"(Oh man, why can’t I slip into a 24-hour coma and wake up in time to go to the expo? This waiting is killing me!)" ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My advise: Try a bubble bath and some chamomille tea. j/k
    Take a laptop along (hopefully you'll have internet access somewhere). From my own experience I know that I often find myself looking at a snake and have no clue as to the rep of the breeder, but can find info about him/her usually online.
    Sounds like you are well prepared, so all else there is to say is this: Have a great time and enjoy the expo!
    When life gives you lemons ... get a sweet blue-eyed lucy .

Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 Times in 618 Posts

Sounds like you are ready to me. Good luck on finding the snake that yells your name. I can't wait to see pics of what you come home with.
    Tim Bailey
    (A.K.A. MBM or Art Pimp)
    www.baileyreptiles.com
    The Blog

Thanks

I'm way impressed with all the work you've done in preparation for owning this snake. What a joy that is and what a great start you've made for yourself and the snake you'll purchase. Have a wonderful, wonderful time! We can't wait to see pictures of what you end up coming home with.
    ~~Joanna~~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast