Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,552

1 members and 3,551 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,540
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Thanks

keeping it "Real"

I redid the crestie enclosure (Well hallos) I put a real plant in there (an ivy) when i did it i added some miracle grow, organic potting soil along the bottom so the plant has something to grow in. I also put the fake plants back in, along with the peice of drift wood, exc the thing looks AWESOME... can he live in it like that? We are not feeding crickets to him, and im still hand feeding him nightly of cgd... so if hes not ingesting the soil shouldnt it be fine? The humidity is no different than with the moss and it looks so much more realistic!!! so is it safe or should i strip it all down and put the moss back in (i feel for the plant here lol) I can always post pictures tonight when hubby gets home and brings the camera upstairs..

Also, Trick and Traid are doing awesome (for those who are wondering ).. at what point would it be *safe* to house the three togther? (assuming they are all girlies..) there is about a gram difference in weight, and about an inch length difference. of course i wouldnt want anything happening to them but i would like them to live together if they can...

Thanks

Re: keeping it "Real"

as a side note.. who ever suggested that forum pangea is flippin awesome. .i so owe you!! I did a search of top soil and cresteds and was able to get my answer.. now to get the answer on the kids living together.. hmmm.

Another side note.. Trick and Traids front toes were stuck together (like paddle feet) when i first got them, i was scared thinking their little toes were fused and im happy to say they have toes!! Im going to get new pics tonight of the crew

Thanks
    Thanked 2,326 Times in 1,368 Posts
    Blog Entries

you can house them all together after quarantine and once they are all within a few grams weight of eachother. since hallo is older/bigger already this may take a while and by that time they will be sexable so you will know who can and can't live together based on that. usually by 20-25 grams you can allow for a little more leeway in size difference between females living together but it should still be within 5-8 grams or so and you should keep an eye out to make sure the larger gecko isn't dominating the smaller ones.
    - Emily

Thanks

thank you hallo is one gram bigger than the "babies" and the size difference looks huge lol. I have been thinking about getting a REALLY big tank and splitting it in half girls on one side, boy on the other.. assuming it works out that way. Guess time will tell, I just feel bad them living in the little critter things (arent really little.. most likely appropriate)

Thanks

ok, sounds good! the babies are 3g and hallo is 4g but the size difference is huge! To think there was a time when I didnt think hallo was going to make it, he looks awesome now. Ill be posting pictures soon

Thanks
    Thanked 2,326 Times in 1,368 Posts
    Blog Entries

one gram makes a ton of difference when they are that size. it's kind of weird how much of a visual difference there is--you would think that the larger gecko was at least 5 grams bigger based on looks.
    - Emily