Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,144

3 members and 3,141 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: Don't you just love...

Quote Originally Posted by Freakie_frog View Post
    Yea man he pairs eggs with some big girls. Johns snakes pip tail first.

but on a side note those are some great looking snakes and if thats what works for John
    Those are BT's snakes!

Old enough to remember. Freakie_frog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Blog Entries

Yea I was making two comments to two different people sorry for the confusion.
    When you've got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001? ~ Mark Cuban
    "for the discerning collector"

Thanks

My question is along the lines of seneschals sinc it hasnt been answered yet... Is it safe to be breeding males this young? I've heard that its very dangerous to do this bc they often refuse meals and have a lower immune system during breeding bc they dont eat. I know its been done but does that make it safe? I was always under the impression your supposed to wait till the 2nd winter for males and 3rd for females assuming their weights are correct
    snakes

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JoshJP7 View Post
    My question is along the lines of seneschals sinc it hasnt been answered yet... Is it safe to be breeding males this young? I've heard that its very dangerous to do this bc they often refuse meals and have a lower immune system during breeding bc they dont eat. I know its been done but does that make it safe? I was always under the impression your supposed to wait till the 2nd winter for males and 3rd for females assuming their weights are correct
    It is safe if you know what you are doing! I do it every year without problems..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JASBALLS View Post
    It is safe if you know what you are doing! I do it every year without problems..
    Gotta love Jas...I can only speak for myself...I have never had problems breeding young males...IMO - It is safe if you know what your doing...Both males are 07's - I'd have to look at their cards for exact hatch dates...Both are still eating just fine...I don't plan on running either thru a whole lot of girls - That could cause some problems...Two - Maybe three each at tops...Once again - IMO - If you know what your doing and how to do it - It'll all be just fine...I have never had problems in the past breeding young (same age boys as these in question)...Last year I actually produced more than I excepted out of little boys and they didn't stop eating any earlier than my proven breeder males...For the record - I've never had an RI in any of my snakes - BP's included - During breeding season or any other time in the year...Like I always say - Do what works for you....
    BT

Thanks

Here's a little man from last year doing this thing...He was an 06 right at 450 grams - The female weighed in right at 3400 grams...The Mojo ended up producing a couple of nice fertile clutches for me with no problem...He was and still is a great breeder...And no - It didn't stunt his growth...He's right at a 1000 grams now...Listen to the Blog Talk Reptile Radio show for the truth to some more of these breeding "myths"...BHB - Part 2 this saturday night @ midnight...
    BT

Thanks

Here's the same Mojo I was talking about from last year breeding this morning...Like I said he's around 1000 grams - This female is around 2400 grams...No stunted growth here - No RI's (That's a new for me)...Love the little Binos (Albino x het) too...
    BT

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Man BT you have it going on over there don't you. That is a real nice bee and I really like the yellow on the Mojave male that you have.

Keep up the good work.
    Brock

Thanks

Thanks for answering my question, BT (lol, I kept checking back going ;__; 'nobody's gonna answer..!') I'd just heard all these things about how they had to be larger...it's cool that you're having such success breeding young, but I'm guessing those are earlier hatched 07's, judging by their weight. You have some spectacular animals over there!! And I'm loving that mojave boy...he's lovely.

Anyways, thanks for that information, it was something I'd never heard before. Good luck with all of them! (Can't wait for hatching pics, lol)
    Ball Pythons
    1.0 Normal "Draccy"
    0.2 Normal "Matika", "Lara Croft"
    1.0 Lesser Cinny "Thor"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12