Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,310

4 members and 3,306 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
    Thanks

Where to go: wanting to breed bees..

I want to eventually breed Bees. I have a nice Spider. I have a Graz. pastel that is beginning to brownout.
    I saw my first lemon Pastel in "real life" today and was stunned! The thing almost hurt my eyes, it was so bright yellow with hardly any brownout. It is a NERD.
    I have seen bees that were both hot yellow, and those that browned out. I want high-yellow. Should I go with lemons to get this, or is it a toss-up? My Graziani produced varying pastel babies this year; 3 are pretty bright yellow and the other 3 are rather dull and though have blushing, I could tell that they would brown out a bit.
    -Jen. Back in the hobby after a hiatus!
    Ball pythons:
    0.1 normal; 1.1 albino. 1.0 pied; 0.1 het pied; 1.0 banana.

Thanks

Re: Where to go: wanting to breed bees..

There are great representations of all the lines of pastels and bad representations.

I don't think it matters what line you use, what matters is the quality of the pastel and spider you use in hopes of getting good looking Bee's.

Just my 1.7c
    Scott Collien

Sputnik's Reptiles

Do I get Paid for this??? LadyOhh's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,115 Times in 1,073 Posts
    Blog Entries

If you don't feel that your babies will accomplish what you want out of the breedings you plan, get something that stands out.

Lemons are great. Bells are great. Everything has great ones and not so great ones.

Breed for what you want, get quality lines and the best you can.

Make it work.

Quality over quantity.

Heather Wong
    I AM the Wonginator
    Heather's Herps Website
    READ MY BLOG!!!
    Balls for Life, Baby!!!

Thanks

do what you want, but remember you get out of life what you put into it. If you want the prettiest bees, it helps to start with the prettiest parents. If you don't really care and "just want a bee, dammit", then stick with what you got and hope you end up with something nice in the long run.

I personally would go for bees with the current pastel just to see what she does, but angle for a bright shiny lemon for future clutches and superior baby bees.
    http://www.ball-pythons.net/forums/signaturepics/sigpic6096_1.gif
    Quote Originally Posted by BT41042 View Post
    Your going to Hell

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Morphie View Post
    do what you want, but remember you get out of life what you put into it. If you want the prettiest bees, it helps to start with the prettiest parents. If you don't really care and "just want a bee, dammit", then stick with what you got and hope you end up with something nice in the long run.

I personally would go for bees with the current pastel just to see what she does, but angle for a bright shiny lemon for future clutches and superior baby bees.

would have too agree with that ! use the Graz to see how it goes with the spider , sell o trade some of the offspring to fund a new Lemon pastel ( if ya want it still ) just my two bob.
    1.0 Graziani Pastel
    0.1 Bumblebee
    0.1 Albino
    2.5 Wild type ( 2 Reduced Females )

''Time is the blink of an eye , use it wisely''

Thanks

Here's the plan. I definately am keeping Ruger, the Graz. His daughter is the one I want to get bees out of; she has a lot of yellow (granted she is still a small '07, but she has little orange and a wide yellow dorsal-stripe pattern.) I want to run her with my Spider.. Ruger has already proven to be worth more than I paid for him because I got this cool female out of his breeding, and was able to help a few others get some pastels into their collection, as well as trade for the striped normal male that I recently got. So even if I never breed him again, he is on permanent retirement here as far as I can see
    You know what I would LOVE more than anything but cannot find in my price range? A truly reduced Pastel. I would not even care what line it was.. I think Laura on this forum has one like that? I have the reduced Spider and oh man would I love to have reduced bees! But $$ are kinda scarce in these parts this time of year.
    My plan was just to keep him for bee/super pastel breeding until I saw this danged lemon male that the people have who we did the trade with. Argh! But they want spiders and are producing lemons this year; we are breeding spiders.. and a trade would rock because $$ would be saved.
    -Jen. Back in the hobby after a hiatus!
    Ball pythons:
    0.1 normal; 1.1 albino. 1.0 pied; 0.1 het pied; 1.0 banana.