Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,288

0 members and 3,288 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A good trade?

Thanks

Re: A good trade?

I understand, making the trade is one thing, i would do it too. But im just saying that pastel males are still awesome snakes.

Thanks

Pastel males are awesome, nobody's saying they aren't...just that if they're B grade and babies, and you have an adult, A grade male already, why would you want the babies when you can get breedable adult females instead? Supply and demand, really. She has a large supply of them (relatively speaking) and thus a low 'demand'---she doesn't really want them at the moment. Not that the pastel boys aren't valuable.

Personally, in her situation, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

And besides, this way someone who really WANTS those pastel males will get them. It'll be a good situation for everyone.
    Last edited by Seneschal; 11-05-2007 at 04:59 PM. Reason: decided to add something
    Ball Pythons
    1.0 Normal "Draccy"
    0.2 Normal "Matika", "Lara Croft"
    1.0 Lesser Cinny "Thor"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seneschal View Post
    Pastel males are awesome, nobody's saying they aren't...just that if they're B grade and babies, and you have an adult, A grade male already, why would you want the babies when you can get breedable adult females instead? Supply and demand, really. She has a large supply of them (relatively speaking) and thus a low 'demand'---she doesn't really want them at the moment. Not that the pastel boys aren't valuable.

Personally, in her situation, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

And besides, this way someone who really WANTS those pastel males will get them. It'll be a good situation for everyone.
    No one is understanding me. I would make the same trade but im just saying pastel males arent garbage.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,151 Posts

BUt none of us were saying that pastel males WERE garbage.
    We just want to be sure you understand that you are implying that WE think pastel males are garbage.
    A compared value that shows most of us value a adult female pastel over baby male pastels in no way means we don't value pastel males at all.
    I have a pastel male, and those three pastel males will be highly valued by those that want them.
    Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA
    "Stop being a wimpy monkey,; bare some teeth, steal some food and fling poo with the alphas. "

Thanks

Wolfy-hound, I don't think it's a female pastel, just a normal female. If it was a breeding female pastel - she'd be easily worth over $1k; no where near 3 male pastels.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,151 Posts

Sorry, you are correct. It's a normal female, not a pastel.
    It's still a breeding animal.
    Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA
    "Stop being a wimpy monkey,; bare some teeth, steal some food and fling poo with the alphas. "

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy-hound View Post
    BUt none of us were saying that pastel males WERE garbage.
    We just want to be sure you understand that you are implying that WE think pastel males are garbage.
    A compared value that shows most of us value a adult female pastel over baby male pastels in no way means we don't value pastel males at all.
    I have a pastel male, and those three pastel males will be highly valued by those that want them.
    Petboy 15 said they were pretty much useless when they get older, i just didnt agree. I dont want to start an arguement or anything so that was just my

Thanks

Well, the trade went great. Both parties went away happier than they were before, which is a great thing.
    I do not think of the pastel males as garbage! If I did, I know a few on KS that would have paid me rock-bottom wholesale prices for them; that was not for me. Instead, I found a great couple who is starting out breeding BPs (A+J Exotics; they're near Buffalo, NY.) Traded my '07's and an '06 male for some cash and a big striped normal male. I know that at first I wanted a female, but this male just slithered into my heart, and if he never proves genetic I don't give a poop That is what it should all be about; the joy of snake keeping. I held back a female pastel and a female normal and definately feel that this breeding season benefitted me in more ways than one!
    -Jen. Back in the hobby after a hiatus!
    Ball pythons:
    0.1 normal; 1.1 albino. 1.0 pied; 0.1 het pied; 1.0 banana.

Thanks

On a side note; I read the pieces regarding pastel males. To generalize and say that all pastels will brown-out with age and become useless is not fair to the morph. Think of all of the combos that pastels are used in; think of all of the entry-level morph-wanters that don't have a huge budget. Now if they read about pastels basically turning to poop as they get older, what way is that to promote what is an awesome base morph in itself?! Sure, some lines of pastels tend to retain more yellow; and there are always individuals in every line that could be said to have more yellow or more brown.. But I know for sure that I am never letting go of my pastel male, nor my female, as long as I am able to keep these snakes as pets and breeders.
    Last edited by Ginevive; 11-07-2007 at 09:52 AM. Reason: spelling or lack thereof!
    -Jen. Back in the hobby after a hiatus!
    Ball pythons:
    0.1 normal; 1.1 albino. 1.0 pied; 0.1 het pied; 1.0 banana.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ginevive View Post
    On a side note; I read the pieces regarding pastel males. To generalize and say that all pastels will brown-out with age and become useless is not fair to the morph. Think of all of the combos that pastels are used in; think of all of the entry-level morph-wanters that don't have a huge budget. Now if they read about pastels basically turning to poop as they get older, what way is that to promote what is an awesome base morph in itself?! Sure, some lines of pastels tend to retain more yellow; and there are always individuals in every line that could be said to have more yellow or more brown.. But I know for sure that I am never letting go of my pastel male, nor my female, as long as I am able to keep these snakes as pets and breeders.
    Thank you. Thats what i was trying to say. Sorry i have to spread some rep around so i can hook you up.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast