Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,300

0 members and 3,300 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: ok now im concerned..

Ok I am gonna jump in here since i am just as into beardies as I am Ball Pythons. First off a great site to visit is http://bearded-dragons.com/boards/index.php. They are set up like this and easy to use plus it is active constantly. Reptile carpet is not great and It does tend to hold alot of bacteria if not washed properly and regulary. I swear by paper towels because they are easy to handle and soft for the beardies and clean up in one quick swap.tiles are also number one reccomended usually by 95 percent of beardie owners because they are easy to clean and hold heat fairly well. If your beardie is too hot it is not the tiles but you temps would be way too high in that situation. You can also use washed play sand later on but it is not reccomended for babies. Also beardies should never be housed together and if you are keeping 2 babies it would be best to put one in one half and the other on the different side. Feel free to ask me any questions or check out the website listed above. Good luck.
    0.1 Other half
    2.1 Ball Pythons~
    1.1 Corns~
    0.1 Gopher Snake~
    2.1 Beardie~
    0.1 Rose Tarantula
    1.1 Cats
    And a partridge in a pear tree!

Thanks

Don't use the carpet. House them together, you can even house them in a tub. and if you want, put like a screen over it. make sure its high, but also big, as in lots of floor space. Tubs that aren't see through work good, but really anything is good. Also if you have a heat lamp with a clamp, just clamp in on the side of the tub, of better yet, put the tub on a counter, then above, there should be a cupboard... Clamp the lamp onto that, and have it shine down. Also, where the heat lamp shines, get a small tile and put that in the sand. Have it so the dragons can't crawl underneath it, that is perfect for belly heat or just basking. Hope this helps.

Oh and also, don't worry too much about the color change. I work with hundreds of dragons each day, and see some that are darker, it could be due to stress, or they are just getting used to the new environment. But really, don't worry about it too much, your dragons will be fine. No need to stress.

Hope this helps. Any questions, feel free to PM me.
    Mitch

Thanks

thanks so much for the help and suggestions.. they are doing just fine i met up with the breeder this afternoon and everything is fine. they are sleeping right now, eating, voiding, exc so a little bit of color change isnt going to stress me (talking to the breeder and reading here has helped) they are young and were getting attached to them quickly.. that and im a mom, natural worry wart thanks for the help and as always i will keep everyone updated on them!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyB View Post
    thanks so much for the help and suggestions.. they are doing just fine i met up with the breeder this afternoon and everything is fine. they are sleeping right now, eating, voiding, exc so a little bit of color change isnt going to stress me (talking to the breeder and reading here has helped) they are young and were getting attached to them quickly.. that and im a mom, natural worry wart thanks for the help and as always i will keep everyone updated on them!
    Hey, no problem hun! Theres no need to worry at all. But really, the tubs work great, at least until your ready to move them to a big 55 gal. because really, they don't need branch's in a tub. Just sand, dish's for food. And thats it. But yeah, keep us posted and pics would be awesome! Oh and your welcome
    Mitch

Thanks

they are spending the night in the 55 gallon. we will see how they continue to do in the days coming, at least i have a great source here the breeder suggested those cement mixing bins too so if i feel they are stressed i might pick up a few. i do enjoy having our animals on display though

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyB View Post
    they are spending the night in the 55 gallon. we will see how they continue to do in the days coming, at least i have a great source here the breeder suggested those cement mixing bins too so if i feel they are stressed i might pick up a few. i do enjoy having our animals on display though
    I agree, animals on display are really nice, but when it comes down to having a happy reptile, you gotta do what is best for it. Good luck with everything, remember just drop me a PM whenever you need some info
    Mitch

Thanks

oh of course!! ive always been good about keeping our animals in ideal environments for THEM... we did go out and get a new uvb tube bulb tonight so tomorrow they will have fresh lighting too. we plan to keep close eyes on them, as always

thanks for the offer, im sure one day ill take you up on it. im just glad i have a breeder close to me who is more than happy to give me the time of day. we got lucky we really did.

as for pics, always feel free to visit my website, i add pictures there all the time! i love photography

Thanks

Hey Ashley,

This is coming a little late...but those "stress" circles you were seeing, aren't a big deal. On some dragons they show more than others and they can also be temperature related. My beardie tends to get them every afternoon. In the morning he's yellowish and by the evening he's rust colored with dark circle outlines on his belly. They tend to darken up when trying to absorb heat more.

I'm also in favor of tile. I love mine. It's so easy. Once a month I bake it for half and hour, otherwise just spot cleaning. Some people love reptile carpet, apparently it can go in the washing machine, so it's just recommended to get two that will fit your cage.

Keep in mind that full grown beardies are fine on playsand (not calcisand), so if you want to switch over to sand when they are over a year, that's perfectly ok.

Thanks

thank you for that input!! its very reassuring. the girls seem to be doing well, still getting those dark circles daily but are deficating and eating crickets and greens very well. So in that sense it has made me feel better about both of them. Nikon is still much larger than Canon but were pretty much summing that up to they are different. thank you again

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12