Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,373

1 members and 3,372 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
    Thanks

can they be moody?

how come they change shades of their skin?
    is it a good or bad thing? one of my girls is a much darker color today.. i was wondering if it was just her being moody and if so again is it good or bad.. pictures can be added if nessesary

Thanks

Re: can they be moody?

i held her, weighed her, gave her some water. put her back and she got a bit lighter.. if that helps?

after drink and put her back.. she wasnt *as* dark..

Thanks

Belly circles usually indicate stress. What kind of stress.. I have no idea. How warm is it in the enclosure? Proper basking spot temps? Any change in the traffic around the cage? Been eating ok?

I still would change the sand out, baby anything with particulate substrates just worry me. Wouldn't want either of your little girls to get impacted and have to require surgery(Ness had enough trouble with Duncan, LOL)
    --Becky--
    ?.? Normals, 1.0 100% Het Pied Classic Jungle, 1.0 Yellow Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Butterscotch Hypo, 0.1 100% Het VPI Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Yellow Hypo, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Yellowbellies, 0.1 YB Granite, 1.0 Black Pastel, 1.0 Lemon Pastel, 0.1 50% Possible Het Banded Albino, 0.1 Spider, 1.0 Fire, 0.2 Granite

Thanks

lol.. i didnt relise you were the same becky from the list.. duncan is awesome, and soo fat. some 300+grams now! him and luna are boyfriend/girlfriend i swear ill keep an eye on her and tell hubby we should take the sand out too. dang it looks so nice and they love burrowing in it. shes actually not all dark anymore, its weird.. its happened afew other times here and there but always goes away after a bit. right now basking temps are 109, humidity is 35%. i need to get another gage for the other side. shes basking right now and looks fine ((rolls eyes)) shes eating fine, they both are.. love greens and their crickets.. pooping great too they did just move into the 55gallon yesterday so perhaps thats where some stress is coming from