Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,331

0 members and 3,331 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.

Thread: feeding

Thanks

feeding

ok im one of those guys who has snakes ( lots ) and love the once a week feeding. i want a beared dragon but can see being able to feed every day because of my work. some times im gone for the weekend..is there any way that you can have a set up that will allow only feeding/ cleaning every 3-5 days or is it better for me to forget about a beardy

if you cant afford to take care of it, dont get it

Thanks

Re: feeding

eekk.. i have two little girls and they get fresh veggies and crickets daily, veggies sometimes twice a day. if you are home how difficult would it be for you to drop them some salad and crickets in the morning? i have two kids one who goes to school and i go to work and over all mommy/adult duties and it takes me all but five minutes to drop food and clean up their enclosures.. i guess if its something you *really* wanted you would make time to do the things nessesary, if you cant make the time for them then its probally better you wait till you can.. for the animals sake when we had snakes it certainly was conveinent knowing they were fed and fine for a couple days but even then i was looking/checking to make sure they didnt mess in their enclosures.. none of my animals have ever been " go away for the weekend" type.. but thats me

Thanks

the thing is i have a job that sends me away for weekends or weeks at a time. not only that i also take trips with the wife here and there. i have a sister in law that comes over to check on the snakes if im gone longer than a day but its 30 min out of her way so twice a day would not work. i thank you for the advise and think i am going to not get one until i am able to be home everyday..what do you do if you go on vacation?

if you cant afford to take care of it, dont get it

Thanks

when/if we go on vacation we would just make sure it wasnt for more than 48hrs.. this way we could drop food before we leave and just as soon as we get home.. perhaps drop extra greens? (yuk though they shrivel after a couple hours) now im not sure about older adults but we have babies right now (2.5mos) so maybe older ones can go a day or so??? i dont know to be honest with you ive always liked tending to my animals daily.. makes me feel like im part of their lives, and with reptiles i think they need constant attention to stay "nice" but at the same time thats my opinion. we did go on a 4day cruise in april but at the time we didnt have any animals to worry about... we really dont go very far (less than 4hrs away) i would have a friend come by and feed them if i had too.. they are easy enough to feed.. could your sister drop some salad at least for them?