Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,302

1 members and 3,301 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91

Thread: Male or Female?

Thanks

Male or Female?

Hey, so i plan on expanding my collection over my next few years at college so if i decide to breed bp's i'll have the opportunity and won't have to wait to raise them. I currently have a 2 normals and an albino caramel is on the way. I plan on getting a mojave, pastel, pied, and spider...my question however is should i get them males or females if i'm going to breed them i don't know the sex of my normals but i know the caramel is a male...does it really matter would u still get the same if you bred a normal female to male mojave or a normal male to a female mojave?? thanks in advance
    -James-

Excellence is not a matter of chance, but a matter of choice.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: Male or Female?

its about the type of genetics the animal has not about the sex. find out your breeding plans and what you want to accomplish in a couple years and then you'll know what you need to raise.

if you have an albino caramel on the way then i would get another one of the oppostie sex or a het albino caramel of the opposite sex so that when they are ready they can be bred together and i can have albino caramel babies. for example.

Thanks

ok thanks...i'm gonna have a lot of readin to do before then, so hopefully i'll b ready
    -James-

Excellence is not a matter of chance, but a matter of choice.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 Times in 618 Posts

James,
    It has been stated already, but my advice would be to figure out exactly what you want to make or see, and then go for that project. As for the sex of the animal, it does not matter, since genes are inhereted the ame way. If you breed a Mojave male to a normal female, you will get Mojaves and normals. If you bred a normal male to a Mojave female, you will get Mojaves and Normals. Now, if you wanted to see Caramel Albino Spiders, I would say get a Spider female, or any other Caramel cross for that matter. Get what you like, because you have to take care of it for so many years.
    Tim Bailey
    (A.K.A. MBM or Art Pimp)
    www.baileyreptiles.com
    The Blog