Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,376

1 members and 3,375 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Thanks

at what rate should they grow?

hallo is still only 4g the same weight he was when we brought him home now 12days ago..

Thanks
    Thanked 2,326 Times in 1,368 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: at what rate should they grow?

ashley, please clarify something for me. in your original thread you first said that hallo was .4 grams--was that just a typo and he is really 4 grams like you say above? i noticed one other time you put 4 grams as well but i thought that was just a typo...

anyhow, i wouldn't worry about him still weighing the same. it may take up to a month for him to start gaining steadily, especially if he is 4 grams and not .4 grams.
    - Emily

Thanks

he is 0.004g thats all.. im so worried about him being so tiny

he would be 4kg if the number was before the dot.. he had gotten up to .005g after a good hand feeding but now back down to .004g, heres a pic to show you. the scale was zero'd out prior to putting him in

Thanks
    Thanked 2,326 Times in 1,368 Posts
    Blog Entries

aaaah, okay--the scale is measuring in kilograms--hallo weighs .005 kilograms, which is equal to 5 grams. that is MUCH better than .5 or .4 grams. pshew!

okay, so he is probably more like 2-3 months old and a much more normal size than what i thought. give him a month and weigh him again and see what he has gained. it is normal for them to lose a small amount when they move to a new home (stress, settling, etc. takes there mind off eating) so the loss from 5 grams to 4 grams really isn't anything to worry about as long as he keeps eating (he probably lost something like a half a gram, the scale just rounds up or down).
    - Emily

Thanks

glad you could decode that for me!! i couldnt imagine the measurements being any smaller lol.. your just about right on, when i bought him he was approx one month old and ive already had him two weeks now. it makes me feel much better to read you think hes better off than what i thought.. i was really feeling like things were going to go south and i was going to loose him, compared to all the other photos here, and other cresteds ive seen in real life (before today seeing 2dy old ones) i thought hallo was in bad shape, phew! what a relief